• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lsass.exe? C:\windows\system32\LSARV.dll?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

compooter

Registered
help.. full message,

lsass.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\LSARV.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

i did remove the dvi card and treid to run vga, cause i didnt have the adapter, but i went and got the adapter and put the card back in and now it says that, oh yea and i also cant get my mouse to work either.. on any usb ports, and after press enter to hit ok it does not proceed with starting up, so i only get as far as setup and boot menu.. windows xp,, like an '06 or '07 hell optiplex 320

thanks

That means you have some corrupted system drivers, which could be an indicator that there is more widespread corruption. You can do a repair install to attempt to replace the damaged files, or try to do a sfc /scannow from recovery console.

If there isn't data on the drive you need to backup, I'd just go with a fresh install and cut your troubleshooting losses. If you still have problems trying to complete a fresh install, or after you have installed fresh, it could indicate a hardware issue.

What you have described shouldn't have caused any file corruption unless you had a power loss or you have a memory or hard drive issue. So there is an unknown element at play, which is what lead me to suggest the fresh install route - it doesn't take very long, and it eliminates any potential software problems making it easier to recognize a hardware problem if one in fact exists.

Back