• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old koolance case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UPS rat

Registered
ok, i don't know if this should be in the water cooling or case modding area. i got this koolance pc2 case acouple of years ago for $12. i'm wanting to go water cooling but i'm not sure if i want to keep the case or buy a new one to put the cooling system in. i do know the stock cooling system in it needs to be replaced. way to small. so i guess i'm asking has anybody played with the drop in koolance EHX-1020.
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=634

the case i have. i'm really not up for cutting a bigger hole in the top.
K144-1006p.jpg

imho watercooling is overrated, you could get a decent stack cooler that will do the same job for less effort and maintence

ok, i don't know if this should be in the water cooling or case modding area. i got this koolance pc2 case acouple of years ago for $12. i'm wanting to go water cooling but i'm not sure if i want to keep the case or buy a new one to put the cooling system in. i do know the stock cooling system in it needs to be replaced. way to small. so i guess i'm asking has anybody played with the drop in koolance EHX-1020.
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=634

the case i have. i'm really not up for cutting a bigger hole in the top.
K144-1006p.jpg

The aio units are really not very good...you're better off with a custom loop, even if it doesn't have all the flashy lights the prebuilt aios do, cause it'll perform better. I flippin love your profile pic though :D

imho watercooling is overrated, you could get a decent stack cooler that will do the same job for less effort and maintence

No offense, but why are you in this section? Watercooling is a hobby, rarely outside of benching is it necessary, it's something we do for fun...and I have significantly better temps at significantly lower noise since I switched to watercooling, may I ask what experience you speak from?

I really have to ask how it is over rated. It is really hard to take an opinion without some supporting facts.

Also, I have a hard time believing that it is anywhere near over rated, considering compared to air cooling, my temps are much lower, and the difference in noise levels is astounding. When I was air cooled, I had a mid-high end cooler, and some Yate Loon high speed fans, and still couldn't touch the temps I am at now with water.

wow didnt expect to get jumped on for throwing my two cents in, guess ill keep my opinions to myself next time...jeez.

if he was planning to trim a case, honestly i wouldnt be one to trim, id start with a case that is ready to accept some tube but eh, whatever you want to do its your case.

They didn't jump you. They asked why you think that way.

In all honesty, would you expect anything less? If I go into an amd forum and say amd is over rated, what reply do you think I would get?

They didn't jump you. They asked why you think that way.

In all honesty, would you expect anything less? If I go into an amd forum and say amd is over rated, what reply do you think I would get?

+1 if anything we were both incredibly respectful of you and your viewpoint and merely asked for some sort of qualification of of the thoughts that led you to it.

The aio units are really not very good...you're better off with a custom loop, even if it doesn't have all the flashy lights the prebuilt aios do, cause it'll perform better. I flippin love your profile pic though :D

yeah i was thing more of the stock look. but, your right. a custom loop would perform better.

thank you!!! the profile pic is Moss from "The IT Crowd". i love that show.

wow!!! didn't think a war would start in here. :rock:
so, boys you can get back to bashing each other.

i like it!!!:salute:

Ahhhh, I think I just got some insight into this. Reading Fureh's sig, I see he is using the h50 as his cooler. If he is using this as his basis on water cooling then his opinion is completely justifiable.

Fureh, if I am correct let me be the first to reassure you that the h50 is not comparable to high end air much less a true water cooling set up.

Back