• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dewars...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How's the dewar TJ? I'm selling my Koolancev1 (or more trading it in a way) and will be looking to get a pot that is good for Dice+Ln2 (either a v2, gemini, or f1ee I'm guessing right now) and will most likely buy through BHS as it seems to be by far the cheapest way to get it from them.

Its been doing great, only problem is my own retardation when i made my top for it, I'll put a pic up later.

How's the dewar TJ? I'm selling my Koolancev1 (or more trading it in a way) and will be looking to get a pot that is good for Dice+Ln2 (either a v2, gemini, or f1ee I'm guessing right now) and will most likely buy through BHS as it seems to be by far the cheapest way to get it from them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The V2 SUCKS on Ln2. I do not care what people say about it. Good luck keeping that pot within a 5*C range during a run on Ln2. :rolleyes: My old standby is, and always will be, the F1EE. While it may be a while to find one, it is more than capable of running DI (even without an extension), and it's still a top 3 pot ever for Ln2 Peformance.

Oh and BTW, Vince is even bringing the F1EE back into production. So if you're not going to run LN2 in the near future, keep your current pots and wait on the F1 refresh.

The f1ee that hes bringing back is a special edition i think which has been chromed, he was talking a little about it a few months ago during IMOG'ss stream.

I haven't used a f1ee so i can't say how well it works, but the v2 does swing widly and is tough to maintain temps with. Its not very good for full pot benching either, Which is what you will run into on AMD hardware which is the most rewarding most of the time for ln2.

If the F1EE works as well as the tek9 does on holding temps on ln2 i can see it be the better choice, despite the price differance.

Yeah, looks like I will be trying to find a used F1EE on the cheap. Jealous of whoever got the F1EE for $100 on that TPU thread that was posted in the deals section!

The f1ee that hes bringing back is a special edition i think which has been chromed, he was talking a little about it a few months ago during IMOG'ss stream.

I haven't used a f1ee so i can't say how well it works, but the v2 does swing widly and is tough to maintain temps with. Its not very good for full pot benching either, Which is what you will run into on AMD hardware which is the most rewarding most of the time for ln2.

If the F1EE works as well as the tek9 does on holding temps on ln2 i can see it be the better choice, despite the price differance.

Trust me, it does. ;)

Yeah, looks like I will be trying to find a used F1EE on the cheap. Jealous of whoever got the F1EE for $100 on that TPU thread that was posted in the deals section!

Yeah. Great deal. If I saw it earlier, I might have bought it just to resell. :chair:

Edit: To clarify, I did not get that deal. :(

Last edited:
Just to brag a little.....
The new dewar I got is badass. I used almost all of the dewar except for a few inches in the bottom over a month and a half ago. I just checked it and there is still 2 inches or so in there. I filled it about 2 months ago!!!

Got a few questions. I recently purchased yet another dewar.
How does airgas fill this type?
Do I have the correct fitting on here?
Which port does liquid come out of?
and where did the forum thread go that showed how to make the tube for dispensing?

IMG_20140116_203113_zpskwd7q8dg.jpg
IMG_20140116_203015_zpswsqbudui.jpg
IMG_20140116_202958_zps2ycum4uy.jpg
IMG_20140116_202934_zps8qm9syvi.jpg

I am believe its through the liquid fill port, and then at the same time they open the gas vent valve or one of the other valves, so that they have less pressure resistance while filling.

As for the fill lines, I had bought a phase seperator for mine. Then Bobnova picked up some copper tubing and compression fittings and we hacked it together from there. and threw some pipe insulation around the tubing.

I am believe its through the liquid fill port, and then at the same time they open the gas vent valve or one of the other valves, so that they have less pressure resistance while filling.

As for the fill lines, I had bought a phase seperator for mine. Then Bobnova picked up some copper tubing and compression fittings and we hacked it together from there. and threw some pipe insulation around the tubing.

Thanks. What type of fitting do they usually use to connect? Do one of the fittings pictured resemble what I want?
I will have to go fill in the evening after work, so I want to be sure that I am all set before I get there.

I don't remember the correct type of fitting they use, I had to physically remove the normal hose type compression fitting, cause they screwed up and where not able to obtain the fitting I was searching for. So we took off the hose type fitting and used a regular pipe fitting for the tubing, Give me a few minutes I am gonna go grab a camera and take a couple pictures of the assembly for you.

Z_LReH97A3867.jpg

Z_LReH97A3868.jpg

once you take the hose type compression fitting off you can use a normal pipe fittings it seems. I know that after that it was a standard copper tubing size, since we ran a hardline, since the flexible lines cost like 200-500$ this with the phase separator cost like 80$ or so the phase separator was like 75$. Everything except for the phase separator came from the hardware store.

Last edited:
A picture from further back would be helpful. It is just a pipe thread fitting, a pipe bent 90 degrees, then the phase seperator at the bottom?

Nope its just a tubing compression fitting, and a soft bend on the tubing. FemaleTubing compression fitting to a double male fitting, on both ends, One end is the phase seperator other end goes to the dewar.

If you want to make use of the special flanged fitting that most dewars have on them without having to remove the flanged fitting you will have to talk to a gas supply company cause i can't remember the name of the fitting, but they are a bit of a pain to get a hold of.

I am not sure, those fittings look rather large. When I look closer at it, it appears you don't have a flanged fitting on it for a flexible tube like the dewars I have used. So you probably just need to measure the fitting size and can get something that will fit at the hardware store.

Thanks.
Is the phase seperator just to keep it from sputtering and spitting when you let the liquid out? It seems to resemble an air filter that I have seen before. If the flow were in the opposite direction.

It does keep the tube from spitting so much, basically what happens is it lets the gas out of the upper holes, while the entire block cools down and the liquid drips cleanly and controllable out of the bottom. You can pick them up fairly cheap off amazon. 25-30$ for a medium sized one, The one I have is a jumbo if i remember correctly. So it can handle much higher volume.

Without a phase separator you end up wasting more gas, and it makes it more difficult and more dangerous to fill other containers with. Since it will spit more.

Back