• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows installer uninstalled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

Hey all so the windows installer 5.0 got uninstalled by me a while back and now i need to reinstall it but i cant figure out how besides reinstalling windows which i do not want to do does anyone know what to do?

MS never provided a download for the 5.0 Windows Installer for Win7. Version 4.5 is the newest version that's available for download. I think the only way to get the installer reinstalled, besides a clean install, is by performing a repair install.

what happens when you try to install the Windows Installer Redistributable?

it seems to work but thats it i still cant install flash or java updates even know i can do it on a laptop with the same version of windows

it seems to work but thats it i still cant install flash or java updates even know i can do it on a laptop with the same version of windows

Just thought I would post an update I still havent fixed it but it seems tied to the main user account as I enabled the built in admin account and was able to install stuff but I couldnt get itunes to install due to errors

Considering how long this has taken to find a resolve I would just back your data up and do a clean install. I really dont know what else to tell you man.

Back