• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Larcen

I bought a Corsair TX 950 a few weeks ago and it has already died on me. I took the PSU out of my server box and it fired the computer up without a problem. Put the Corsair back in, it hear a faint click and nothing; no fan only a light on my motherboard.

I'm in the process of returning it to Amazon for a refund and wanted to know if there is a better PSU that would be good for running, in the future, dual GTX 580s.

Thanks

Yeah me too! I put a Corsair 450 in my wifes like 3 years ago and it runs great. This one just died today after I got home from work. All of a sudden it just shut off and would not come back on. Other computers in the house were still on, I did not notice the lights flicker, or anything that would suggest a power spike. It's also plugged into a UPS which should have protected it regardless.

Would the 850 be enough to power two OC'd 580's?

Back