• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Laptop to Desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crapxxas119

:welcome: to my build log!!!
It started here but i am continuing it as a project log.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6781

I basically had a laptop that lasted a bit then it overheated and i was never able to get it to run for more than a minute or so. Recently, i put a giant p4 heatsink on the cpu using thermal adhesive. And i put a northbridge heatsink for the gpu. I am going to put a mini fan just for the gpu and i already have a fan for the cpu. Now i am making a case that will support the whole thing then i will mount the original screen and keyboard on top of the case. My material for the case will be preferably a clear plastic material. Probably plexiglass. And if i dont find any i will make it out of wood.

Update!!!!
I got the plexiglass and its 1/10 in thick. I already have all my cuts planned, i just need some mounting hardware and i can finish my project!!
All i need to buy now is the mounting hardware (of course) and a mini fan for my gpu.

I have an olddddddddddddd 1.6ghz celeron that still runs pretty snappy, well ever since this summer it's been turning off, come to check the idle temps, it was idling at 80 degrees Celsius, so I didn't go as far as you, i just took it apart and applied fresh thermal paste...

it idles at 45 degrees now, which is pretty hot still but better then before...

Back