• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next gen Xbox debuting in 2012

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool I wonder what they will be able to do with it... Maybe it will have screens on the controllers?!!

I hate consoles. Consoles have "exclusive" games, causing market fragmentation and higher prices for everyone. It would be nice if the next PlayStation uses OpenGL 4 and shows how superior DirectX 11 isn't :)

i wonder why they are limiting them selves to dx11 and they will show it next year.

i know dx11 is current now but they have got to be working on dx12 and i would figure they would try and jam the newer on a new console

yeesh i think it would be more difficult for m$ to ride the 360 for 3 1/2 more years than it will sony the PS3.

its an ok console but it is lacking in some areas that should probably be addressed before people get tired of it

well it will have to be after holiday 2012. Halo 4 was announced for the 360 to release around holidays 2012.

Well they would be showing the console next year, soo maybe see a holiday release then. Still even then Halo 4 might be pushed to the "720" depending. They might be saying 360 now but it really might be next gen hardware.

i wonder why they are limiting them selves to dx11 and they will show it next year.

i know dx11 is current now but they have got to be working on dx12 and i would figure they would try and jam the newer on a new console

As for DX11 vs say DX12. Is DX12 ironed out yet? If so is there even hardware in development for it? That is the big one if there is nothing out there now, consider it not to be even considered for a new console since they would have to be designing the hardware for it now if not have test systems already going around.

well as with any thing devlopment goes hand in hand, m$ devlops both the DX stuff and the xbox so i would imagine they might work a bit more closely together, there hasnt been much word on DX12 but frankly its only a matter of time and i would imagine they would want the newest on their console since its basicly a computer that you cant upgrade. the more abilities it has when it ships the longer it'll stay viable

well as with any thing devlopment goes hand in hand, m$ devlops both the DX stuff and the xbox so i would imagine they might work a bit more closely together, there hasnt been much word on DX12 but frankly its only a matter of time and i would imagine they would want the newest on their console since its basicly a computer that you cant upgrade. the more abilities it has when it ships the longer it'll stay viable

But they aren't in the graphics business per say. AMD or nVidia would have to come up with the gear to support it. While its possible since they typically use some sort of modified GPU core.

in a sense they are with their console, if they want the console to last you put something that is just begining its life in it

I reallly doubt we'll see a new xbox holiday 2012. The long running guesstimate is 2015, which sounds like a long time to ride the Kinect. Maybe you'll see a proto foto at E3 but 2013/14 really sounds like the earliest. MS can get a few more years of good looking games from this system before its really a dog turd. However I'll bet anything they come out with it before PS4. ;)

I reallly doubt we'll see a new xbox holiday 2012. The long running guesstimate is 2015, which sounds like a long time to ride the Kinect. Maybe you'll see a proto foto at E3 but 2013/14 really sounds like the earliest. MS can get a few more years of good looking games from this system before its really a dog turd. However I'll bet anything they come out with it before PS4. ;)

I'd say 2013 more so than next year since that seems like its pushing it. Give Kinect a few years on the hardware.

Thats interesting, RedDragon. I hope the next Xbox comes out in 2012. That would be cool for sure. There's probably a lot of PS3 users, like me, that would likely jump ship after all the problems Sony has had securing users data and keeping the Playstation network running this year.. Poor Sony. I think they're feeling picked on..
Some say Sony is now probably more secure than ever, but who knows? You'd hope so...But?

No, but the new wii WILL be. It is literally the most :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: design I have ever seen.

I swear Nintendo distributes acid booklets to its employees. Check out the new Wii. Its on youtube and is legit. Awful.

That's what he was referencing. And yes, it is a FAIL.

Back