• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next Gen NOW. (NVIDIA 3000 Series)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
So... with the simultaneous arrival of the 3000 series of graphics cards and the first batch of "Next Gen" games... I was wondering if any of the features of the upcoming PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of these games are available... today... with the 3000 series of graphics cards?

For example: Watch Dogs: Legion is out now. The PS5 and Xbox X versions are supposed to support ray tracing and 4K 30fps. Can the PC version ALREADY do that?

Are there any other examples of next gen performance with these cards? (Screenshots would be appreciated.)

EDIT: Well this answers a LOT of questions... but I'd still like to hear experiences from people who have the newer cards/ https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pag...-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,2.html

Last edited:
Yes. RT has been out since the 2000 series. There are several games out that use the technology along with dlss. BTD provided a list.

What else are you asking? Expereince with it, like how it looks, etc?

Yes. RT has been out since the 2000 series. There are several games out that use the technology along with dlss. BTD provided a list.

What else are you asking? Expereince with it, like how it looks, etc?

Exactly that. But also what the "Next Generation" is *supposed* to bring... and what those of you with 3000 series GPUs have actually *experienced.*

Also what are the cornerstones of this next generation of GPUs and consoles? And what have those of you who have them actually experienced beyond performance benchmarks?

I'm guessing that they'll all perform along the lines of CoD:MW, that launched over a year ago on PC with the rtx super cards. My 2070 super nvlink system (on a 7 year old i7-4930k) runs it at 1440p on maxx settings well over 60fps (around 90 if I recall).

Control? W/ rtx +dlss: 90+
Outer Worlds? Easily 90+, except the game crashes every 5 minutes without vsync enabled :/

Keep in mind, that these games don't support SLI, so you can count the performance as 1 card... GW2 supports SLI, which is why I bought 2 cards.

The 3080 is supposed to be able to run 4k @ 60 fps on a 10900k or 3900x

PS... I used to set my rig to render at 4k and downscale it, with still 60+ fps. I stopped supersampling because it hurt GW2 framerates too much in 70 vs 70 pvp fights.

Last edited:
Once the supply problem is fixed - You should be able to find a used RTX-2070/80 Super for under $199 & a 2080ti for $299 or less. I'm still not going to pay NIB price of ~$599+ (2070/80 Super) that gets beat by a $499 card (when in stock)!!

Once the supply problem is fixed - You should be able to find a used RTX-2070/80 Super for under $199 & a 2080ti for $299 or less. I'm still not going to pay NIB price of ~$599+ (2070/80 Super) that gets beat by a $499 card (when in stock)!!

I was able to get a heck of a deal on a new 2060 super (that would've been even cheaper had I waited a week... Sigh...). I'm no power user... I think that should be fine for me to at least play in HD or 2K with ray tracing enabled. When the 3070 is WIDELY available I'll pick it up. But the 2060 Super is the first non-used video card that I've had in about a decade. So I'd say I was long overdue.

I'll try it out with Watch Dogs: Legion (once it finishes downloading) and report back from the front. :beer:

Should be useful for you, rainless

Last edited:
Thanks man! I could probably do my own Watch Dogs: Legion review now though... :D

legion1.jpg legion2b.jpg

4K... HDR10... Ray Tracing enabled. Was expecting more of a fuss on my "low-powered" system... but I think it runs as least as well as it would've on the PS4... and that would've only been in 1080p with none of the above!

I haven't maxxed out any of the textures or anything. But it's supposed to be a "MAJOR" draw on the GPU (even though it's not... and it's only using half the VRAM) and a "MAJOR" draw on CPU (though... again... it's not.)

So far so good. I'll do a complete rundown in the Games section once I make it a bit further...

Last edited:
Back