• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6870 Reference design?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both are reference as far as I can tell. The AMD on the pci-e connection, the 6 pin power connectors, as well as the cooler that is on it are the normal giveaways.

I wasn't sure cause I've heard stories of XFX putting out cards that appear to be reference design, but really aren't, and I have never seen that Biostar card, so I wasn't really sure.

Thanks!

my older HD 5850 1GB from XFX was a 'black edition' card; but it was entirely a reference design. So I second that both are Reference.

Like Daemon said; the AMD logo on the PCI-E connection is the usual giveaway. Same goes for Nvidia; they'll have nVidia on the PCI-E connection.

my older HD 5850 1GB from XFX was a 'black edition' card; but it was entirely a reference design. So I second that both are Reference.

Like Daemon said; the AMD logo on the PCI-E connection is the usual giveaway. Same goes for Nvidia; they'll have nVidia on the PCI-E connection.

That's actually something that you can't 100% count on now. The 5970 reference cards didn't have the AMD on the pci-e. :bang head

Hmmm, I would really like sites like Newegg to just say whether or not its reference design, or have the manufacturer put it in the specs, would it really be that hard?

Back