• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Afterburner and OSD server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bpoilspill

Registered
Here's my dilemma. I have a DV7-4171us, it has a hd5470. I've overclocked the GPU successfully with awesome results. I'm currently using msi afterburner. My issue is I can't get the damn OSD server to shut down, it just keeps restarting when closed. Another issue is is that it's one of the only programs that can identify my GPU and be able to overclock. Anyone have any suggestions or another program?

Open Afterburner and go to Settings. Go to the On Screen Display tab

Click 'More' and turn off 'start with Windows'

q2mqV.jpg

If you already have the service running at the bottom right you should be able to skip the Afterburner Settings part and go right to that window.

Still does it, I set the settings to like yours and it won't close, just restarts.

In the AB Properties sheet, hold your mouse over the "Toggle On-Screen Display server blocking" field to bring up the built-in help file. Next left click in the field, and select a keyboard hotkey combination to unload the OSD server from memory.

Attachments

• ABurner.jpg
    ABurner.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 3,138
Re-read the first sentence from the help file...
Additional server process is required to provide some functionality including framerate monitoring, On-Screen Display, screen capture and automatic profiles management. The server will be automatically launched by Afterburner as soon as you enable any of the features listed above. You will not be able to shut down the server manually while these features are in use, that is by design of Afterburner
And like Janus mentioned, make sure to uncheck Start with Windows.

Thanks!

In the AB Properties sheet, hold your mouse over the "Toggle On-Screen Display server blocking" field to bring up the built-in help file. Next left click in the field, and select a keyboard hotkey combination to unload the OSD server from memory.

This solved my problem, and I appreciate it. I'm a little late to the game on this post, but thanks anyways! That pesky on-screen-display server really began to bother me.

Back