• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6850 fan does not start/spin help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

I bought a used, but "working" XFX 6850. I didnt test it.

1- i removed the stock cooler, and try to add a aftermarket cooler, but it had four pin conector, so i just connect it to the card 2 pin connector only 12v and ground. (i check manual and i think i didnt mes the cables)
Turn on, but it didnt spin :(

2- ok ok, didnt work :( so i put back the original cooler turn on, but even the origina lone dont spin O_O

extra:
- i didnt try the card with the original cooler before removing it
- yes i connect the stock cooler pin
- also no signal to the PC and almost sure pc dont boot
- no burning smell, no burned part, all look good

Ideas?

Can you plug the aftermarket fan into the motherboard? Could you use the aftermarket and strap a case fan onto it using zip ties or something? Do you see any visible signs of a short or anything with the cooler off? Power plugs from psu working correctly, ad plugged in and everything? Contact seller and tell them of the problem?

Can you plug the aftermarket fan into the motherboard? Could you use the aftermarket and strap a case fan onto it using zip ties or something? Do you see any visible signs of a short or anything with the cooler off? Power plugs from psu working correctly, ad plugged in and everything? Contact seller and tell them of the problem?

No signal at all at monitor
I wrote the seller yesterday, but i bought it 3 months ago (i just test it yesterday)
All power and cables connected correctly
Tested in two PC (all excellent parts, PSU Corsair ax-850)

Result: no spin, not even try to spin, algo chip dont get warm at all, and no signal at monitor never, nothing.

Back