• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 2350V 23" Monitor Broken!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

So I bought a 23" monitor from BestBuy in June, 2010. It was an LG2350V 23" monitor for $300. Yes, 300. Last night, I went to go defragment my hard drive over night. To save some power, I turned the brightness all the way down to its lowest setting, 0. It obviously is still lit up, just very dim. This morning, I came to use the computer again. I probably left it for 9 hours. When I went to my desk, I heard a buzzing noise. I had no idea what it was. I started to turn up my monitor brightness. As I was holding the button to slowly raise it, the buzzing stopped once the brightness was at about 50%, and at about 70% the monitor shut off. It "restarted" shortly after, seeing a LG logo, then what I was doing(looking at these forums :)). A second later, my monitor shut off again. I thought it was just a bug or something. I restarted my computer, and my monitor did no power back on. :bang head

Does anybody know what could have happened? I called LG a couple of minutes ago and they said their department for monitors had just closed at 6:00EST. I'll call back tomorrow. Does anybody know what I could do or try. Now, I am stuck on an old 17" Dell monitor :rolleyes:

I would appreciate anything!

Sounds like a power fault.

If there is a message diplayed which says "no signal" or something to that effect, then the PC is the cause of the problem. If there is no message, just a blank screen, then it's the monitor that is at fault.

Try replacing the fuse in the plug (unlikely to make any difference) or use a different power cable/signal cable if you have spares.

Short of that there's very little you can do I'm afraid.

Sounds like a power fault.

If there is a message diplayed which says "no signal" or something to that effect, then the PC is the cause of the problem. If there is no message, just a blank screen, then it's the monitor that is at fault.

Try replacing the fuse in the plug (unlikely to make any difference) or use a different power cable/signal cable if you have spares.

Short of that there's very little you can do I'm afraid.

Yeah, I do believe that it is a power failure. It seems like it is just dead. I emailed LG, I have a 3 year warranty apparently! Hopefully they will actually fix it. Warranties....

I'm glad I emailed before I went to bestbuy this morning. No monitor, eh I'll get a new 55"

Went to BestBuy. I gave them my monitor(Geek Squad bleh). They didn't know what was wrong with it, of course. So, they said they could either order me a new one for free for give me $310 store credit. I took the smart option and took the money. I then went an got a 27" monitor for free! Finally, a warranty that doesn't blow. :)

Good stuff - what 27" monitor did you get in the end?

I live in the UK but was in BestBuy a few years back in NYC and I loved it - much better than hardware stores over here!

dang good deal! how is the syncmaster compared to the LG? I've heard a lot about both monitors and I've been eyeing a 24" syncmaster myself!

Mostly, though, congrats on finding something you actually want to buy at Best Buy! The regional buyers down here in the South are awful and we never have anything in the computer section except Apple, Acer, and Rocketfish.. :D

Hahahaha! Yeah, I got lucky with it. The color is a little bit different between the two. I would say the 27" I am on now is a little bit "cooler" or darker. I may just have to play around with the settings though. I would definitely recommend it however!

excellent, thanks for the reco..

This may be a discussion for another thread in another subforum, but every monitor I've ever had out of the package has been just horribly, horribly calibrated. I'd like to see one of these companies spend the money on a guy and a colorimeter, Come up with the real, best setting for these monitors and just have that preset in the firmware, so when you pop it on the first time, maybe its not perfect for your set up, but it's in the ballpark.

That said, I prefer cooler looking panels anyhow:D

excellent, thanks for the reco..

This may be a discussion for another thread in another subforum, but every monitor I've ever had out of the package has been just horribly, horribly calibrated. I'd like to see one of these companies spend the money on a guy and a colorimeter, Come up with the real, best setting for these monitors and just have that preset in the firmware, so when you pop it on the first time, maybe its not perfect for your set up, but it's in the ballpark.

That said, I prefer cooler looking panels anyhow:D

Then I guess you should get that 24" :D

Back