• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Connection Cords

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

I recently bought a new 27" Syncmaster SA550 from Samsung to replace my broken LG 23". This monitor I am on now is 1080p(16:9). I was shocked to see when I went to set this thing up that it only had VGA and HDMI! What monitor doesn't come with DVI? So, right now I am stuck with using a DVI->VGA adapter with a VGA cord.

I play games on my 27", and mostly have itunes, skype, hardware monitor, or the internet opened up on my other 17" monitor at the same time. My quality seems to lack with analog, so I wanted to explore my options. I purchased this monitor probably more than a month ago, so it is too late to replace it with one with DVI. Should I buy an HDMI cord? Does it produce the same quality as DVI? I am really looking for someone to point me in the right direction of a place to get a cheap HDMI cord I guess. Is this the route you guys would take? Thanks!

Better quality? Probably not, I'm not able to see a difference with my eyes at that resolution between vga and dvi. (I'm running a 24" monitor at that resolution)

If there were any gains to be had, you would see them though.

I ordered 3 today from monoprice for only $3.37 each! They should be here in 3-4 days. I bought two more for 2 other TV's. I can't believe I got jipped buying at $60 Monster HDMI cable at BestBuy for the new 46" TV I got... :rolleyes:

That's a little bit over my head :D So an HDMI cord between one of my ATI 5770's and this monitor will work without any issues and with better picture than analog?

Yes, picture quality should be better :cool:
DVI and HDMI and electrically the same in this situation...HDMI adds audio to the mix ;)

Back