• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multi linking cable/dsl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

well is it possible?

I know w2k and I assume XP support multilinking modems..

so would it be possible with 2 nics and 2 modems, to shotgun your bandwidth?

Ottoman said:
well is it possible?

I know w2k and I assume XP support multilinking modems..

so would it be possible with 2 nics and 2 modems, to shotgun your bandwidth?

I did that for about a month when I used Win98SE. You have to have 2 modems, 2 phone lines, 2 Dial-Up subscriptions, as well as make certain that the ISP providing both accounts will support a shotgun connection (You may have to describe what "shotgunning" is to them, sometimes those guys can be quite moronic).

Though that's quite unessecary. 2 x $14.99/month (if you're lucky) is $30. You could pay $20 more a month, and get 7 times the connection of 2 x 56K (768 DSL). =P

this was on TSS the other day. High cost cisco routhers are dual internet line capable.. but im sure that wouls cost you alot.

I did this about 2 weeks ago

I tryed to have a dsl and cable connection bonded using Midpoint.exe (also known as teaming)

for some reason I couldnt get it to work right. It would open webpages but I couldnt d/l or u/l any files. I think it may of been because I was using a router on my cable line though.
I was using 2 nics for this

maybe I will try to doing this again, but Im canceling my cable line at the end of the month, so I donno if I will have time

Re: Re: multi linking cable/dsl

Über~PhLuBB said:

I did that for about a month when I used Win98SE. You have to have 2 modems, 2 phone lines, 2 Dial-Up subscriptions, as well as make certain that the ISP providing both accounts will support a shotgun connection (You may have to describe what "shotgunning" is to them, sometimes those guys can be quite moronic).

Though that's quite unessecary. 2 x $14.99/month (if you're lucky) is $30. You could pay $20 more a month, and get 7 times the connection of 2 x 56K (768 DSL). =P

when I meant 2modems I meant 2 cable modems...

:beer:

Re: Re: Re: multi linking cable/dsl

Ottoman said:

when I meant 2modems I meant 2 cable modems...

:beer:

Ah... In that case, I don't have a clue. Seems to me like if you hooked them both up to a router or hub, or if you got 2 NICs and skipped the hub/router, it would simply choose one of the 2 connections.

no no, no router,

I'm talking subscribe to two cable lines have two lines fed from the box, to two cable modems, to two nics... in effect 2 ip addresses

Back