• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New monitor need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I'm looking to get a new monitor for work. Usually sitting in front of it all day doing word documents, website work, data entry type stuff. I currently have a Dell 2408WFP 24" 1920x1200, and want more real estate without changing to the obscene widescreen panels I see so often. Another employee here has a 24" that is so wide it looks like a 15" high screen. I am trying to avoid that at all costs. Biggest I can get away with is probably around 27-28" due to my desk.
Price isn't really a concern up to around $1k.

Thanks for helping out...

Last edited:
I'm looking to get a new monitor for work. Usually sitting in front of it all day doing word documents, website work, data entry type stuff. I currently have a Dell 2408WFP 24" 1920x1200, and want more real estate without changing to the obscene widescreen panels I see so often. Another employee here has a 24" that is so wide it looks like a 15" high screen. I am trying to avoid that at all costs. Biggest I can get away with is probably around 27-28" due to my desk.
Price isn't really a concern up to around $1k.

Thanks for helping out...

If you want more real estate, you'll have to go for a higher resolution. Most monitors nowadays are 1920x1080 which is less than what you currently have. I suggest you take a look at Dell's U2711, 27" 2560x1440 IPS panel. It's expensive (around 1k but they often have sales and can drop to something more reasonable). Otherwise you'll end up with a 1920x1080 monitor which would be a downgrade, especially at 27".

Thanks. I ended up going with dual U2410's... Should work out well for me.

Yup that works too. Forgot to mention it but I didn't know what kind of computer you are using. At work, we're all stuck on laptops so multiple monitors is out of the question.

I'm actually waiting for my parts to come in to build i7 3930k's with dual 7970's. I currently use the one in my sig...

Back