• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I could use some new monitor help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

I've been looking at new monitors lately, the choices are overwhelming, to say the least. Right now I have an Acer XB270HU, It's about 4-ish yrs old and I haven't had any problems with is so I thought I'd get another one.
I'm looking at buying another one. I would like to keep it around the same size so it doesn't look strange sitting next to my old one. I'm looking at

, Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS G-SYNC Compatible Monitor, 144Hz, 1ms VRB, VESA Certified DisplayHDR400, DCI-P3, Delta E<2

From the measurements, it looks close. Am I correct in thinking this monitor is the same?? I'm not dead set on any monitor right now. My budget is 500.00 + - but I would like to save if I can.

I'm running the computer in my sig. I might be upgrading to Intel's new processor once the crazy settles down so I guess that might play a part.

You can still get the same exact monitor if you want. As far as the new one listed, it has HDR 400, but otherwise, I don't think you're going to see a notable improvement otherwise.

For your resolution, I'd look at getting a new GPU before I would get a new CPU (CPU doesn't play a significant part at 1440p). That said, both are getting a bit long in the tooth these days. If I was a gamer on the PC, I'd skip the monitor and put that towards a new GPU or system. I run 2560x1440 144/165Hz IPS.... my next upgrade will be a 4K 120Hz+ for sure (assuming the GPU I have runs that well enough, of course).

Yeah, I'm going to be upgrading my system once the crazy slow down. I was all ready to upgrade until I couldn't get a video card. You might be right on the waiting. I just read that HDR 400 is pretty weak. There's just soooo much stuff to think about when buying nowadays.

Meh... size, resolution, Hz/ms, color gamut, Gsync/freesyn, and brightness/HDR. Look at a couple of reviews of the monitors you want. :)

But really, what you're looking at and the budget, I don't think it's worth a monitor upgrade. :chair:

ED, I've gone back after reading your response. I'm thinking you're right. I'm thinking I need a 32-34'' monitor and I need to spend 1000.00 to get something worth viewing for the next few yrs. Thanks for your imput.

ED, I've gone back after reading your response. I'm thinking you're right. I'm thinking I need a 32-34'' monitor and I need to spend 1000.00 to get something worth viewing for the next few yrs. Thanks for your imput.
A great place to check out reviews if you haven't been yet is the hardware unboxed YouTube channel and the rtings.

I've watched some of the "unboxed' youtube. He has a lot of information. I like his Chanel and all the goodies behind him. Thanks for the info.

I would like to share what monitor I ended up buying. I didn't want a wide monitor it just doesn't look right to me, I went with this. So far I like it. I haven't been able to play Far cray....the site or something went to sheet or their end or nine. I looked up Micro center and they had it and for the best price, it's 3min from my house. the link didn't show up

LG UltraGear 32GP850-B 32" 2560 x 1440

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I would like to share what monitor I ended up buying. I didn't want a wide monitor it just doesn't look right to me, I went with this. So far I like it. I haven't been able to play Far cray....the site or something went to sheet or their end or nine. I looked up Micro center and they had it and for the best price, it's 3min from my house.

I would like to share what monitor I ended up buying. I didn't want a wide monitor it just doesn't look right to me, I went with this. So far I like it. I haven't been able to play Far cray....the site or something went to sheet or their end or nine. I looked up Micro center and they had it and for the best price, it's 3min from my house. the link didn't show up

LG UltraGear 32GP850-B 32" 2560 x 1440

That's a really nice monitor, definitely a step up from mine. And @ $499 on sale at Microcenter, that's a great deal too! I have the budget version of it, the 32GK650F-B. Some will say that 32" it too big for 1440p, but I haven't had any issues with pixel density.

Neither microcenter is 3 minutes from me, more like 25-35 minutes - I live ITP.

Back