• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg.ca IN CANADA VS NCIX.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SF101

The Printer Guru
Is it me or is newegg.ca not even trying to compete with NCIX?

I was stoked when i saw newegg has moved to Canada as well as i figured they would go head to head with ncix whom already had great prices.

Yet daily/weekly i see newegg.ca just getting trashed price wise by ncix.com.

I expected more from newegg tbh. i was hoping for them to be competitive giving a alternative online shopping location in Canada but with the prices they seem to offer "In Canada at least" its not even comparable.

Thoughts? anyone else notice this i check both sites pretty much weekly.

:escape:

Ive been using NCIX for years, I just price-matched a few things from newegg and NCIX matched it. I did have two poor experiences with NCIX this year so Im looking at newegg more. From what Ive bought this year I found the prices comparable. One more bad customer service experience and im going to give newegg a try, low prices are nice but I'll pay $2-3 dollars more per item for good quality customer service.

Anything specific you find that newegg isnt as competitive as NCIX? or just in general?

I have shopped at NCIX for many years. I used to live in Burnaby so it was great to do pickups, but I have been in Alberta for a few years now and still have used them with no issues. Shipping is usually 2 business days, almost always. I always have enough points to get free shipping too :)

When I am buying a variety of pieces I always find NCIX to be cheaper overall adding up the parts, and any item that is not the cheapest has always been price matched. I have bought local, but only when they stock what I am looking for, as NCIX has great selection.

I just bought from Newegg.ca for the first time 2 weeks ago. There had an item only they carry and had free shipping. I bought on the weekend and on Monday the price dropped a few dollars and I got a credit for that, no issues. The only thing was the item shipped from LA and took 8 days to get to my house. I thought when it said "in stock" and I was on the .ca website that I might not have to wait for international shipping.

I feel the same as the OP, I haven't seen much that would make me switch from using NCIX. Not that Newegg is bad, just not that good to make the change.

I've only bought a couple of items from Newegg.ca. Usually, their prices are not that competitive. Their shellshocker deals have more kitchen appliances than I care for.

Check out Memory Express and Canada Direct too. I'll normally shop between the 4 online retailers then go with the lowest price. Memory Express is good for me as they price match and is local.

pretty sure Canada direct is a sub company of ncix i may be wrong but i'm sure i remember reading that somewhere.

pretty sure Canada direct is a sub company of ncix i may be wrong but i'm sure i remember reading that somewhere.

NCIX has many other names and alt sites.
Go look at the address, and you will see they are all the same address on Viking way in Richmond.

Also dont forget about http://www.memoryexpress.com
They are really trying to compete with NCIX right now.

Lastly, pricebat.ca and http://www.shopbot.ca/
They all price match, so it pays to do a search before you pay.

Back