• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope. You'll see a good improvement over the stock TIM that comes with the stock coolers. However over other TIM's that are tried and true, you'll probably see something like a 1-3c difference, depending on which TIM tho. To me that isn't a huge deal, but other members here will say otherwise.

I vote try the MX2 and see how well it does over the current stuff you're using right now. Be sure to post your findings :thup:

I been using the stock on heatsink since 2006!!! lol so i should see a dramatic improvement!! thanks for reply!!

I get the Ceramique 2, but I've heard good things about the MX-2 also.

Edit: All I got from that link, is that Mayonnaise is better than half the TIM out there XD

Oh without a doubt! Be sure to clean off the old TIM from both the cpu and the cooler with alcohol and paper coffee filters (they don't leave lint behind ;)) Let it dry and apply the MX2. Don't use too much as it will act as an insulator and temps will be high.

Scroll down here to give you an idea how and you shouldn't run into any issues.

Can i apply the paste after i've used the pc? or is it best to cool off and rest the pc for a while?

Sometimes the stock TIM will come off easier if the sink is still warm. Really no need to let it cool down as it will not burn you ;)

thanks again for the help, i have another post on here and waiting for replies so i can put the paste on, need to take off all my drivers as something not right with them and want to start again!! ;-)

Do you know much about pc's? judging by your rig you obviously do, i wondered if you could answer a couple of questions for me? i want to re install my bios,chipset drivers and graphics drivers and not sure of the order i should do it? and how to? nforce chipset not showing in device manager so cannot delete from there.many thanks.

Well... I don't know too much about computers, but I'll give it my best shot :D

Let me get this right: You want to reinstall : bios,chipset drivers and graphics drivers.

I'll need some info to help you.

What motherboard do you have along with with what video card (graphics)?.

yes thats correct, and i want to know what order to delete them first! and reinstall them, chipset first then bios then g/card if i'm right!? motherboard is a8n sli-e and graphics card is xfx 6800xt nvidia i have all the latest drivers on a memory stick just dont know how to uninstall and reinstall them from memory stick if you get what i'm trying to say? thanks for the help!!

Ahh, ok doesn't matter what order you uninstall them. The drivers you can uninstall from the control panel. There you will see the nvidia programs/drivers

Go to : Start menu>control panel> add/remove programs.

As for reinstalling the new ones from your flash drive. Just insert the flash drive in the USB port. Then go to> Start menu>computer> Fashdrive. Then just dbl click on the new drivers and viola! They'll install where they're supposed to go :thup:

Thanks for your help!! very good advice and thanks for your time..:)

Back