• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiki

Registered
Use the paste on it. It's good paste. use the new stuff when you redo the cooler someday.

Have you Googled for thermal paste appications yet?

Head over to Skinneelabs.com and look up thermal paste tests.

Too much it makes a mess and possibly poor temps. Too little and you can get poor temps.

Read, learn, practice.

My worry is that I will break my 3770k

If I understand this correctly :> I don't need my thermal paste yet :D? How long does it last in an unopened tube?1

You're not going to break your cpu. Check out this read and you'll be fine.

Store the paste in a dry cool spot. It'll last about 2 years. After that the ingredients will start separating.

I am still really worried about it.

My first time, with my MX-4 should i just put a little in the middle and hope it is enough? Or should i pull it off and check to see if it spread out far enough? Is it better to use not enough than too much?

Too much is always better. Apply it, install, remove to check how you did, adjust, redo till you get it right, then test it.

A blob bigger than a grain of rice, smaller than a pea is what I use for amount of TIM.

Back