• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance PC-2 replacement pump & res ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4mal

I busted the plastic drain & fill plug in my old PC-2 system. Yes, I know not a top performer these days :) but it has worked in my project studio for years... Anyhow, Koolance no longer has the plug and wants me to purchase a combined pump and res for about $150...

The rest of the system is fine... So are there any better alternatives or am I better off taking my lumps and spending $150 to replace a .25 plastic plug ?

I was wondering about the viability of moving from an all in one pump/res combo to a separate pump & res using Swiftech or similar. Issues I can see might be compatability with the Koolance electronics and tubing sizes. This is my first messing about with water cooling as this box came preconfigured from a Protools systems integrator.

Thanks, Mal

Replace it. Koolance systems are just bad. All parts. Sorry about the pre configured stuff you have.

Please head to the watercooling forum for specifics. And begin with the stickies, otherwise we'll ask you to read them first anyway.

Back