• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Arctic Alpine 11 Plus Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today I will be looking at a low profile, moderately priced heatsink from Arctic, the Alpine 11 Plus. This heatsink is designed for use on LGA1155/1156 and LGA775 systems only and is designed for moderate overclocking at best on these systems. It is not designed to be a cooler for high overclocks, but rather a cooling solution that will fit within a smaller case and give better cooling than the stock Intel heatsink while retaining a small footprint for use in tight spaces.
... Return to article to continue reading.

I'm wondering...isn't the heatsink supposed to be oriented away from the RAM sticks? That is, with the fins aligned vertically instead of horizontally, as shown in your photo? I'm just curious because the installation manual actually tried to be specific about this (but then, as you said before: the instructions aren't really the best).

Not sure you are going to get a reply from the author.. but I cant imagine there is much, if any, difference regardless what the instructions say. But that is simply a guess.

Oh I was really just wondering if it's going to make a huge difference or not. It's just that the instruction manual explicitly states to put the heatsink on so that the fins are pointing in a vertical direction. But never mind. I'm not really into the finer details of this kind of stuff.

Back