• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok so new 850W corsair psu. reformated only updated driver and windows but when i try to open trixx which is the only thing i downloaded besides origin. it freezes running 12.11 with cap 2 installed this same thing happened with 12.10 before i reformated

Sounds like a hardware problem. Did you try running the video cards separately to see if you get a black screen or Freeze?

Did you do all the windows updates?

Ok so after reformating updating everything and a fresh start i had some of the same issues. did a direct X update which i forgot to do in that start of reformating even though i had DX11 it still updated it from installing .NET framwork 4.0 and i did a slight OC CPU at 4.2 both cards are at 1ghz core and 1250 memory (Stock for memory). And i was able to finnaly run a 3dmark test. several times in a row with out a freeze like before. Trixx wont work just freezes uninstalled that and got after burner. As i saw alot of people saying trixx wont work with CF. Ok battlefield 3 seemed to play okay not as smooth as before when it would lag out ( as in before it started lagging and becoming sluggish. Temps where in 60c - 65c with a small OC. Temps where in 70c- 74c with a higher OC of 1200 on core and 1350 on memory and volts at 1.3. Those temps are for the top card. I just turned case on the side and opened it up so that the heat from bottom card wont rise as much to the top. So far things are starting to look good. New osu is working great. and fresh start has my pc running smooth out of game.

Any gaming tweaks or system tweaks i can do to make this run even more smooth as i want the most out of CF for performance. And thx for all the help. :)

Multi GPU sometime come with issue in some games.

If you look this graph from a 7990, wich is a CF all in one card so there is usually low latence from a GPU to the other, you see that the FPS in BF3 drops quite low some time.

1353375682X9mflBmha0_4_3_l.gif

Those are 7970 i have 7950's As well as a diff screen size 32" samsung led 720p tv and a 24" AOC 1080p As well as my system says i never drop below 60 fps but doesnt seem like thats the case sometimes idk maybe i just was lots of fps lol

I know this is not "your system" but this show clearly that even "cf 7970" can have quite huge FPS drop sometimes.

If you want some headroom for OC on the 7950 and your 2500K, yes, im sorry to tell you ;) A 650 is cutting it for a CF7950.

If you have a spare PSU you can try to power one of the card from a secondary PSU just to see if it resolve your freeze issue, just to be sure ! ( a 300~400w PSU is enough )

That's what I do, and why I have 2 PSUs. (Yep, I'm cheap.)

Back