• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Gaming Laptop Cooling Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also recommend you disable turbo cache. you have 4gigs of RAM and when gaming, you want all the RAM you can get without letting the GPU take some of that RAM. So, disable turbo cache.

You might also benefit from upgrading RAM. The max memory that board can take is 8gigs.

where can I upgrade my laptop's RAM? I think i want to try that! :D

I can only turn off and on my fan by plugging it in and out right? no switches?

I can only turn off and on my fan by plugging it in and out right? no switches?

Some PSUs have a switch near where the main power cord from the wall plugs in. Otherwise it's just plugging and unplugging, either each fan or the PSU from the wall.

If you want, you can wire a computer power switch to the two pins that you connected with the paper clip and that should turn the PSU on and off.

Some PSUs have a switch near where the main power cord from the wall plugs in. Otherwise it's just plugging and unplugging, either each fan or the PSU from the wall.

If you want, you can wire a computer power switch to the two pins that you connected with the paper clip and that should turn the PSU on and off.

aw, my PSU does not have switch. :( ok ok, thanks. :D

yes, something like this; :3

en_b_12_20.jpg

Ok, i have some questions again and I hope you guys could help me again.. XD

The fan that I got from my old CPU has a 12V max but I don't know it's RPM and I'm using it now aiming it at my laptop's heatsink.

I tried to play a game while this fan is on and I still got the same temp. XD and I got another problem, my power supply's fan is loud, it's like it has a

dust inside it or it's just natural? I want to open it but I don't want to take risks. Is it ok to open it and clean it's internal parts?

Now, I'm planning to buy 2 Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm CPU fans and make my own cooling fan for my laptop can you suggest some materials for

me?(are these 2 TT CPU fans enough for my laptop that reaches 97C when playing?) I want it to be a little stylish so I'm planning to use plexiglass but

they say that plexiglass is too expensive, you can buy 4x4inches for 50$?! o.o Please help me with my materials, post your opinions if you want,

expensive or cheap, it's ok. :)

Back