• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first how are my temps thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMO, good for air and clocks ! Your room temp is quite low. My room temp is 7-8°c higher !

First thing I thought when I saw your pics was 'thats a lot of blue'. And those are pretty good temps. On stock clock on the 3770k I just get temps of 60-65 C. Going to take the time to OC tomorrow and see what my temps are then. As of right now I'm using some mx-2 for the TIM but probably going to remount the heatsink with some of antec nano formula 7 I have lying around and see how those two compounds differ in temps.

It will peg out at about 90 at normal room temps (65-75F) running IBT/OCCT Linpack 4.8 Ghz.

The thing I am seeing is that some HSFs are much better at pumping cool in than others. The CPU is lightly lapped as well which helps a tiny bit.

I am thinking of working out some efficiency/effectiveness/cost ratios but the numbers would really be subjective and meaningless to everyone else - almost arbitrary.

Last edited:
have you tried lower PLL volts a bit? mine auto to 1.89v and reduced it to 1.7 for 24/7 OC @ 4.6ghz and i dropped core temps 3-5c across the board. some people can get away with 1.65 or 1.6v even.

Is IBT something you would normally experiance in normal usage? If not, don't worry IBT is a heat monster etc.

What are your max normal summer CPU etc temps in normal usage. Tha's all that really matters. Stress testing is just that, exceeding any normal usage for a test. If it passes, then no worries.

Is IBT something you would normally experiance in normal usage? If not, don't worry IBT is a heat monster etc.

What are your max normal summer CPU etc temps in normal usage. Tha's all that really matters. Stress testing is just that, exceeding any normal usage for a test. If it passes, then no worries.

I am just testing an HSF that is all. This is not for any kind of 24/7 thing it is just to see how well the HSF works.

But the temps are about as cool as I want them. The house has central air and I have a booster AC in that room! 100 outside and 50 in that room:)

Back