• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I rearranged my AIO.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Merry New Year! (I like to quote movie lines.) Anyhow, I installed all the Noctua fans I bought. If anyone wants the lian li fans I'll sell em to you for cheap plus s&h.
I also changed the arrangement of my AIO so the tubes are at the bottom. High temps are negligible but at I'm happy with Noctua. Happy New Years guys. Have fun and stay safe! 20231231_205147.jpg

Is your fans pushing out or pulling in? mine is going vertical pushing out because I have 3 fans on bottom pulling 3 on top pushing and 360 AIO pushing and thinking putting it on top idle is cool but 13900k gets hot on benchmarks always three cores hit 100c at stock settings. blue pc.jpg

That 13900k runs HOT. In general, Intel always runs hotter than AMD though right?

Not sure how much hotter the 13900k is supposed to get but that seems awfully hot at stock settings. Did you already lower the vcore? My 12700k only gets up to round 92c max in benchmarks at 5.2 but I did lower my vcore substantially.

I have the EK Nucleus 360 on my 14900k and ran run cinebench23 for 15 minutes and stay around 86c for the highest core temp

Seeing 100C in Cinebench (or any about stress test) on those Intels is 100% normal. It depends on the board and what their PL limits are. Some will bypass Intel and go over 250W for limited periods (or extended) and you can easily reach 100C.

The Dark Rock Pro 4 and all the other big ones are direct competitors of the D15 (which came out in 2014) and are are all roughly on the same ~3c, not sure if it's still the top but it was still classed as best overall because of the fans last time I got one. D15 is one of the very few air coolers that can handle the 13900k pulling 250w+ all cores without thermal throttling for short bursts, as far as I know for anything long term you need some sort of watercooling? Others here that own one might tell you more.

Difference between the D15 and the D15s is price, one less fan and the fins are cut for RAM clearance on one side. Not sure if there's an S version of the Chromax.Black?

There is an S version of the Chromax.Black according to the webpage I linked to above.

I thought my 9700k was pulling a lot of power at 197Watts (peak when running various CPU torture tests) and that's overclocked to 5.2Ghz. The 13900k pulling 250Watts is at STOCK?!!

I have the EK Nucleus 360 on my 14900k and ran run cinebench23 for 15 minutes and stay around 86c for the highest core temp
I am thinking about getting 14900k and don't have to get MB but getting Asus Maximus would really get my benchmarks up my Asus z790 gaming e just not my tea

Back