• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fancycache?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

Has anyone here used this and could tell me if it works? I've been playing guild wars 2 for a while, I am building a new computer and have been told that using fancycache will "significantly" decrease my load times.

Thoughts?

If you're already on SSD's, it wont do much that you will see. Ive run fancycache a few months on my rig and i cant really tell if it helped on anything. My only way to know it was doing something was to look and the fancycache performance monitor to see how mu gb were cached.

As for HDD's, i cant tell since my rig is 100% SSD... If you games are on HDD and you use fancy cache on this HDD with a significant amount of ram, yes, over time you could see that your games load faster since FC will have cached data that you used recently/frequently.

If you want to make sure you wont corrupt your OS in case of powerloss or crash, you can set FC to cache on read only. This way anything that is writen to the disk are safe since FC dont handle this.

Try it ! you'll see ;) its easy to install or uninstall ;)

I have 2 SSD's, was setup in Raid 0 and i finally decided to reinstall without Raid 0 since IRL, i could'nt see any real advantage. Games was loading very similar, windows was exactly the same and any other apps/prog i ran was not really faster while in Raid 0.

I decided that the "risk" of loosing data if one of the SSD die was higher then the performance gain i saw in Raid 0. So now OS/apps are on 1 SSD, Games are on the other one. Everything run smooth and fast, cant tell if its slower IRL.... only bench can show it was faster....

Back