• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just loaded up seti with OCF. Taking forever to download tasks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
Guys, it has been 4 hours and most of the tasks are still pending, with a few on active status downloading at 1KBps. it is horrendous.
Any reason why I would be downloading transfers so slow? By this rate I will never be able to crunch. lol

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
You are doing better than some this week!

The SETI Lab at Berkeley has had some networking problems this week causing work to be unavailable, the network to be unreachable, or work to download very slowly.

One trick that sometimes works:

Activity, network activity suspended.
Wait a full minute
Activity, network activity always available.

This sometimes resets your SETI network connection and can increase your connection speed. (Sometimes I have had to do this multiple times, but I usually do not bother unless I am out of work)

Thanks for the quick advice Eagle!
I finally got it working good.
The only problem is for some reaosn my credit is getting updated.
I had finished 4 work units and got 118 credits immediately, since last night I have had about 6 tasks per hour being finished and validated and I even updated and re-contacted the server every few hours so I should have 10 times the amount of credit. Do they NOT update on the weekend? I would like to keep track of my scores.

Dom

Credits are an odd thing in SETI.

Work must be completed by two machines with matching results before credit is granted. Thus it can be up to about 21 days before you see the credits for work you completed.

For this reason SETI stats are based on your recent average credits which will even out over about a 3 week period.

Back