• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No new GPU's for 2013 from AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bmwbaxter said:
There are no GTX 780 reviews out, the reviews you are thinking of is of the GTX Titan. Not a 7xx card, or a regular 6xx card.

I explained him on another thread, Titan thread.

Boulard83 said:
M33Cat said:
So when will gtx770 be reviewed, not that I need 1 but just for curiosity maybe I'll go green sli next time

I think you miss understood something, this is the GTX TItan, not the GTX780.

GTX 680/670 are on GK104 gpu
GTX Titan is on GK110 gpu ( much bigger/better than GK104 )
GTX 780/70 will be on GK114 gpu ( refreshed GK104 ).

AMD is working on an official 7990 called Malta. It's supposed to be a Tahiti XT based beast, that will be clocked over 1ghz and use the same 384bit bus, with a 6gb vram config (3gb).

I've never seen them take a year break since video cards were first made don't the engineers need jobs, where do the engineers go to lower the R&D cost do they just lay them off for a year.

I've never seen them take a year break since video cards were first made don't the engineers need jobs, where do the engineers go to lower the R&D cost do they just lay them off for a year.

I am hoping that they keep most of the staff and work on a new card all year. If they can get this going, they can stay on top of the "Green Giant."

And don't think this is such a bad move by AMD, their current line-up of cards offers outstanding performance Vs $$$. Hopefully they will concentrate on their driver R&D, this is where they fall behind nVidia.

Last edited:
And don't think this is such a bad move by AMD, their current line-up of cards offers outstanding performance Vs $$$. Hopefully they will concentrate on their driver R&D, this is where they fall behind nVidia.
Oh yeah their drivers have been pretty bad. The latest beta 6 is a minor improvement, but still doesn't show off the full potential of the card.

Oh yeah their drivers have been pretty bad. The latest beta 6 is a minor improvement, but still doesn't show off the full potential of the card.

I don't think performance is an issue to be honest, although an improvement is always welcome :D

I've had drivers problems with most Radeon cards, well........I used to but the last Ati card I personally owned was something like a 9600Pro. So many years ago. However it seems that AMD still can't compete with NVidia for their drivers.

One recent example is my Dad upgrading from a nVidia 8600GTS to a Radeon 7870 (against my advice) :rolleyes:

Now he has been suffering from bad scaling ever since upgrading the card. It took a bit of tinkering to get the desktop to fill the full screen on his 50" Panasonic plasma. Weird thing is, he could run a game at exactly the same resolution and yet again the image would not fill the screen??? :bang head

This is connected through a Yamaha AMP using HDMI but he has also tried strait to the TV.

Been a few weeks since I last spoke to him but hopefully he has the issue resolved now. But the old 8600GTS just worked!!!

Now he has been suffering from bad scaling ever since upgrading the card. It took a bit of tinkering to get the desktop to fill the full screen on his 50" Panasonic plasma. Weird thing is, he could run a game at exactly the same resolution and yet again the image would not fill the screen??? :bang head

This is connected through a Yamaha AMP using HDMI but he has also tried strait to the TV.

Been a few weeks since I last spoke to him but hopefully he has the issue resolved now. But the old 8600GTS just worked!!!

yea i had the same problem with my ati card and my 50" plasma... the issue was the tv was set to the wrong pixel format not the card at all. so id tryto compensate with the scaling and the picture would look like poo :(. after i switched to the right format on the tv it went right to where it was supposed to be :)

yea i had the same problem with my ati card and my 50" plasma... the issue was the tv was set to the wrong pixel format not the card at all. so id tryto compensate with the scaling and the picture would look like poo :(. after i switched to the right format on the tv it went right to where it was supposed to be :)

Thanks for letting me know. It's something to try if he hasn't got it sorted yet. :thup:

Weird the 8600GTS worked fine though. Also works fine with my old Toshiba laptop (8700m) via HDMI without adjusting any TV settings.

Thanks for letting me know. It's something to try if he hasn't got it sorted yet. :thup:

Weird the 8600GTS worked fine though. Also works fine with my old Toshiba laptop (8700m) via HDMI without adjusting any TV settings.

weird lol.

I've had drivers problems with most Radeon cards, well........I used to but the last Ati card I personally owned was something like a 9600Pro. So many years ago. However it seems that AMD still can't compete with NVidia for their drivers.

False. Opinions are not facts.

If anything this go round (6XX nvidia Vs 7XXX AMD) Nvidia drivers have had more issues.

The bottom line is... they are both great choices this time round.

AMD is priced better this round for equal or greater performance so it could be called the winner.

The TV is an HDMI overscan thing. My nVidia powered laptop does the same thing before you adjust it.

I dont see a problem tbh the 7970 ghz is neck in neck or out perf the 680 which already costs more $ - and the titan is heavily over priced.

no real reason to push the envelope unless they have more than one product on the horizon.

Back