• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire Question, 2nd vid card fans not spinning.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

First off I have 2x XFX Double D 7850s.

Installed the 2nd card and the crossfire bridge.
Powered on my machine and Windows recognized the card.
Updated the drivers, checked the card fans was spinning and all was good.

Went into AMD Vision Engine Control Center and Enabled Crossfire

Both of the fans on my 2nd GPU stopped spinning soon as I enabled crossfire.

Since this is my first time doing a crossfire, is it designed not to spin unless needed? or did I mess something up?

Update: They are spinning again now, so I guess it is like my new Corsair TX750 power supply, only spins when needed.

Last edited:
First off I have 2x XFX Double D 7850s.

Installed the 2nd card and the crossfire bridge.
Powered on my machine and Windows recognized the card.
Updated the drivers, checked the card fans was spinning and all was good.

Went into AMD Vision Engine Control Center and Enabled Crossfire

Both of the fans on my 2nd GPU stopped spinning soon as I enabled crossfire.

Since this is my first time doing a crossfire, is it designed not to spin unless needed? or did I mess something up?

Update: They are spinning again now, so I guess it is like my new Corsair TX750 power supply, only spins when needed.

In Crossfire ATI CCC will leave the second card powered down when there is no video demand.... You will see the fan speed and clocks all reduced in CCC. When you run a game or video benchmark you will see it come to life. If it doesn't then you need to start trouble shooting.

In Crossfire ATI CCC will leave the second card powered down when there is no video demand.... You will see the fan speed and clocks all reduced in CCC. When you run a game or video benchmark you will see it come to life. If it doesn't then you need to start trouble shooting.

Appreciate it, I'm constantly on the floor with a flashlight looking in the case to make sure everything is spinning correctly.

You could disable ulps in the registry.
Search(find) for enableULPS in the registry and change the value from 1 to 0 in each.
Export your original registry first.

Back