• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me to get 4.6ghz stable >.<Bios template attached(3930k)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someonewhy

Registered
So yeah i overclocked my 3930k to 4.6ghz it was stable i did IBT tests and some prime tests and it passed succesfully after i played the new tomb raider game somehow i got bsod with error code 0x00009c means add more vcore/VTT not sure yet...

Anyways here are my settings:

Code:
Extreme Tweaker Menu
Ai Overclock Tuner: X.M.P
Profile 1
CPU Level Up: Disabled
Bclk freq: 100.000
CPU Strap: 100MHz
ClockGen Full Reset: Enabled
Turbo Ratio: By All Cores
By all cores : 46
CPU Clock Gen Filter: Auto
Memory Freq: DDR3-2133mHz
Extreme Tweaking: Disabled
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
Extreme OV: Disabled
Bclk Skew: Auto
CPU Vcore : Offset Mode
Offset mode sin:+
CPU Vcore Voltage: +0.20
VTT CPU Voltage: 1.150
2nd VTTCPU Voltage: Auto
CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage: 1.250
DRAM V (A, B): 1.65(I changed to 16gb kit 2133mhz the kit is using 1.65v as manual kit link http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=489)
DRAM V (C, D): 1.65(I changed to 16gb kit 2133mhz the kit is using 1.65v as manual kit link http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=489)
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.65
PCH Voltage: Auto
VTTDR Voltage (A, B): Auto
VTTDR Voltage (C, D): Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIe Spread Spectrum: Disabled

DRAM Timing Control
Rampage Tweak : Mode 1
CAS: 9
RAS to CAS Delay: 11
RAS Pre Time: 10
RAS ACT Time:28
Command Mode: 2

Digi+ Power Control Submenu
CPU Load-Line Calibration(LLC): Medium
CPU current capability: 130%
CPU Voltage Freq: 350
VRM Over Temperature Protection: Disabled
CPU Power Duty Control: T.Probe
VCore MOS voltage Control: Auto
CPU Power Phase Control: Optimized
CPU Vcore Boot Up Voltage: Auto
VCCSA Load-Line Calibration(LLC): High
VCCSA Current Capability: 120%
VCCSA Fixed Freq: Auto
CPU VCCSA Boot Up Voltage: Auto
CPU VTT Switching Freq: 1.3x
CPU VTT Over-Current Protection: Disabled
DRAM-AB Current Capability: 110%
DRAM-AB Voltage Frequency: Auto
DRAM-AB Power Phase Control: Optimized
DRAM-CD Current Capability: 110%
DRAM-CD Voltage Frequency: Auto
DRAM-CD Power Phase Control: Optimized
PCH Switching Freq: 1.3x

CPU Performance Settings Submenu:
CPU Ratio: auto
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology: Disabled
Turbo mode: Enabled
Power Limit Control: Auto

Advanced Menu
CPU Configuration Submenu:
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Disabled
Hyper-threading: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Maximum:Enabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Hardware Prefetcher: Enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled
DCU Streamer Prefetcher: Enabled
DCCU IP Prefetcher: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled

CPU Power Management submenu
CPU Ratio: Auto
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology: Disabled
Turbo mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled
CPU C7 Report: Disabled

Monitor Settings
Anti Surge Support: Disabled

my rig is
Asus rampage iv extreme
4x4gb ram 2133 link http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=489)

help please!
thanks

What does CPU-Z show as the Vcore while running IBT? You'll probably need to supply approx. 1.40V for that clock, w/ a bump in either CPU PLL or CPU VTT, or possibly both. You might also want to try changing LLC from Medium to High.

While ibt is open on cpu-z i can see 4.6ghz using 1.376V...the cpu llc i prefer to leave it on medium because i heard from alot of people setting up as high can cause alot of bsod while idle

If your idle voltage is too low it can cause BSOD on idle. Since you are RAISING your vcore and subsequently your idle voltage, that wont happen. Set it to high.

Well i didn't get any bsod while idle only the one i said before bsod 0x9c while playing tomb raider...so set cpu llc to high what else?

What does CPU-Z show as the Vcore while running IBT? You'll probably need to supply approx. 1.40V for that clock, w/ a bump in either CPU PLL or CPU VTT, or possibly both. You might also want to try changing LLC from Medium to High.

Like how much i have to put on VTT?right now i am using 1.150 do i have to increase the cpu cap or other settings?

Try .05 for each... it will vary.. that is the game that is overclocking is to try it and see what works.. one at a time so you know what did it.

Personally, I would try raising LLC and see what that does to your load vcore, that may do it on its own...

What about those things?VCCSA Current Capability,DRAM-AB Current Capability,DRAM-CD Current Capability and should i use offset mode or manual mode as vcore voltage?

Can we start with what was suggested first :)?

Those things dont really have anything to do with the CPU in the first place really (well VccSA does, but not relevant).

Lol i see thanks for the quick answers!but as vcore offset mode or manual mode?

You choice. I use fixed... but honestly that doesnt need changed anyway... arent you doing one method already? Stick to it as, for now, you are only adjusting the LLC and seeing where that puts your Vcore/stability.

So ok here are the changes i made:
Cpu llc to High
VTT to 1.175
CPU PLL 1.8
so i made a quick test with linx avx i am getting 1.407Voltage max
10s7hhx.jpg
1.416v is safe for that cpu?i think its too much...i am also getting 87c

Last edited:
This is a forum, not an Instant Message client.. please be patient. :)

Raising more than one thing at a time doesn't help anyone... which change made the difference? Always raise one at a time so you know what made the difference.

87C on that CPU is a bit warm. Id personally want that around 80C max while stress testing.

Maybe because i am getting those temps because of avx edition?avx means double heat..

I dont use that application... as its overkill. Use Prime95, Torture test, small FFT for the CPU. Temps will drop 10C or so.

I see...so i am going to test over night with prime95 to be sure i am stable with those settings but i have a question about prime...before i am going to sleep on which setting i should leave on prime95 over the night?blend?custom?torture?and for how long

Use Prime95, Torture test, small FFT for the CPU.

If testing for stability, you will hear a different answer from each person as far as time goes. I suggest 8 hours on small fft to make sure the CPU is ok, then blend for another 8 hours to test memory and CPU.

Back