• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to Overclock 2500k to 4.5Ghz or more!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sarthak2811

Hii guys i am new to this overclocking thing with the CPU!

I recently decided to overclock my i5 2500k so i replaced the stock cooler with Corsair H60 water cooler and i think i could achieve 4.5 or a bit more with that, right?

But the problem is my Asus P8Z68 V LE doesn't allow me to set manual voltage, it only allows to adjust offset (+ or -) so i am not at all experienced to adjust those!!

I need help with that.

Also i tried 4.5Ghz on auto voltage but it went a bit high around 1.476v at load and temps went upto 82°C and more under heavy load which is a bit more for my liking!!

Currently i am at auto voltage at 4.3Ghz at it goes around 1.368v at load and temps are around 70°C under load!!

Also i have set
C1 C3 and C6 enabled
Speed spectrum enabled
Intel tubo boost enabled
Hyper threading enabled
And all power saver options disabled

Complete specs:
I5 2500k
Corsair H60 Hydro Water Cooler
Asus P8Z68 V LE
1x4 GB corsair vengeance 2x2 GB Gskill ripjaws (overall system runs them at 1333 Mhz)
Asus Direct CU II Gtx 960 OC 2GB Black Edition
Corsair VS 550 PSU

And i forgot i got frequent BSOD when i was idling at 4.5 Ghz at auto voltage but under load it seemed fine except the temps which were too high due to high voltage in auto mode!!

Please help!!

Thanks

Last edited:
thats high voltage for 4.5 ghz....don't use auto. :)

Have you read our guide? Give it a try.
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693613

Mixed ram?? Do you have 2 matching sticks and a third? That won't help things either. :)

Post screenshots of cpuz. The spd tab for each stick, and the memory tab.

Thanks for the reply.

I am sharing the screenshots of CPUZ.

1st one is of my processor at normal browsing and work.
2nd one is of Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 memory
3rd one is of Gskill Ripjaws 2GB stick (i have 2 stiicks i.e total 4GB) so both are same screenshot for slot 2 & 3

and yes its quite high voltage thats why i need help for setting voltage correctly for offset and DRAM.

Thanks

Attachments

• Memory Slot 2 & 3.png
    Memory Slot 2 & 3.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Memory Slot 1.png
    Memory Slot 1.png
    24 KB · Views: 41
  • CPUZ I5 2500K.png
    CPUZ I5 2500K.png
    27 KB · Views: 40
Read the guide. :)

You're going to have to set the voltage manually testing it and working your way down. For example, at 4.5 ghz it may need 1.3V... so settinf it there and testing. If may need more or less. Every cpu is different. But lower voltage a bit and test...rinse and repeat until you have the lowest voltage stable for a given clockspeed.

So long as the ram is 666/1333 and 1.5v its fine. But you're running mixed dual and single channel ram too which isn't optimal.

Read the guide. :)

You're going to have to set the voltage manually testing it and working your way down. For example, at 4.5 ghz it may need 1.3V... so settinf it there and testing. If may need more or less. Every cpu is different. But lower voltage a bit and test...rinse and repeat until you have the lowest voltage stable for a given clockspeed.

So long as the ram is 666/1333 and 1.5v its fine. But you're running mixed dual and single channel ram too which isn't optimal.

Ok so could u help me set the voltage offset setting how much should i do (+ or -) for atleast 4.5 GHZ?
also should i enable or disable PLL overvoltage? and turbo ratio - by all cores?
also i don't have options like Load line calibration, VRM, Phase Control and Duty.

Back