• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-U9B SE2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrOwow

Hey,

A good friend of my is turning 20 soon and i want to buy him a CPU cooler, because he got himself a second 5000 series AMD video card. He already brought himself a new PSU because he had a el cheapo brand that could not handle both of the cards it randomly rebooted the pc while gaming or stressing the gpu's. Seems that model of the brand only could produce a true 420watt instead the 730watt promised amount. Anyway he got a corsair 750watt 80+ modular psu now :) *I recommended him that when he asked me is this any good*.

He is still running both cards on a stock clocked i5 750 + stock cooler (The cheapest stock cooler, without copper core)

And he keeps asking me now like shall i overlock my gpu and stuff because i clocked one of his card like 100mhz up. Now he feels how good it is to overlock and enjoy the free performance. So i told him to get the best performance you need to overlock your cpu too. So get rid of the stock cooler and overclock it to gain massive performance but he doesn't want to buy a cpu cooler. So i do it for him as birthday present.

The only question i have is,
Is there a cpu cooler that is a bit cheaper than a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 (59 Euro) that performs the same or even better?

Airflow will be fine, he has a 120mm fan in the exit behind the cpu and a huge really huge fan on the top of the case. It is the Antec 902.

Thanks in advance :thup:

Last edited:
Depending if he has a modern deep 8" case, the Hyper 212 EVO is a very good starter CPU cooler. Cheap too. There are better, but it can go to $80.

Look up the one I mentioned, we recommend it ALLL the time. Read 50-100 posts, you can see how many times we recommend it.

Good stuff.

Back