• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Express 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tests that I've been running while Gaming and Benching, there is a large number of possible combinations so that it is impossible to track all of them, however with the data I have from my test's I've worked up the values although I wasn't sure what to call the values for 'c' (in "y = mx + c") so I chose "PCIe latency". 8% to 10% above what the drivers run on pci-e 2.0. Pci-e 3.0 must reduce the timing latency, what else could it be?

Not sure, but that isnt testing latency specifically so to say that is premature at best IMO...you may be right, but from the testing you mentioned, that seems like just a guess as there are way too many other variables to single that one out and call it The Gospel.

I know, yet latency's includes the packet transmission time, since it can’t use the data until it has seen the cyclic redundancy check (CRC) at the end and checked for errors.The closer the egress link of a switch port is to being saturated, the deeper the queue in the buffers behind it. With large buffers maximum throughput is obtained thus Nvidia foresaw this and gave their cards a larger Bus Width, so yes it may or may not be the timing latency. I really do not know, but I have some interesting data, LOL

No AA in that vid... we have always said you will need to turn it off with 1GB at 1080p... :thup:. LIke I said, BF3 is the only game that seems to adjust vram on the fly like that. 1GB @ 1080p with 4xMSAA will hurt those cards a bit however. It was theorized that the game lowers IQ, but nobody could produce results (I didnt get a response from EA), nor post screenshots.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704750

Ive tested this as low as a 7850/660...

How about this 1.2GB of Vram watch in 1080P
Benchmark - Battlefield 3 | Nvidia Surround | GTX 570 SLi | Triple Monitor vs. Single Monitor

How about this 1.2GB of Vram watch in 1080P
Benchmark - Battlefield 3 | Nvidia Surround | GTX 570 SLi | Triple Monitor vs. Single Monitor

What are you trying to show me there?

No AA in that vid... we have always said you will need to turn it off with 1GB at 1080p... :thup:.

What I'm showing is the 1.2GB of vram is able run resolution of 5760X1080 ultra + max everything in BF3 and is smooth, also I think that the PCI-E 2.0 16x bus is what allows this. So my point is I have not seen a game where the recommended Vram will not work.

Sure BF3 can use more Vram however does it pick up more FPS like the nvidia 2GB cards in Hardocp PCI-E 2.0 vs 3.0 review with the increase to 3.0 and AMD with 3GB Vram not increasing the FPS with PCI-E 3.0,

So do you know of a game where it will fail with not enough VRAM because I keep seeing it said in the forms like your post above, 1GB you cant run AA, however like you say I need proof because I think what you posted is speculation because I found a BF3 vid 1.2GB at 5760X1080 Max everything.

So my thinking is if it was not such a fast PCI-E bus 2.0 at 16x that BF3 with the GTX 570 1.2GB VRAM would not be playable, however I have no proof:-/.

I've had the game not run smooth with a 560ti on pcie2 16x. Can't perhaps isn't the best word but I did notice hitching and stuff with that card at 1080p.

All we have is anecdotal evidence... Lol!

Back