• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha Blay! We have the same sick sense of humor. Of course I know that! :D

Should have painted the pole Chevy Red! lol.

I purchased a new car within my meager budget. 1994 Lincoln Town Car. 4000lb boat. That should stop a Dodge in it's tracks if the occasion where to ever arise again hah!

Yes I am definitely excited to see what this new rad will do for me. I will remember to put antifreeze in my loop this time.

That is funny that you were all down in Lancaster though I grew up just outside of Lancaster.
Yeah with these temps you definitely will need some sort of Antifreeze.

I purchased a new car within my meager budget. 1994 Lincoln Town Car. 4000lb boat. That should stop a Dodge in it's tracks if the occasion where to ever arise again hah!
They certainly don't make them like that anymore Shrimpy! It's like driving while sitting on a comfy couch. :thup:

Oh it's pretty darn clean too! Was owned by 2 older ladies before me, well taken care of. However it was in an accident on the passenger side already. Needs a couple of new doors, which I've found at a local junk yard for 125$ a piece. The doors come with everything inside and out, so that will make an easy swap besides the electrical.

The family likes it too. And I can take them all with me places. My pickup was only a 2 seater and we used the Suburban for family outings and such. SO that's kinda nice too. (5 of us. Wife and I 3 kids ftw)

According to the digital readout the burban gets 14.8 and the Town Car gets 15.6 mpg. They are close.

The burban has some good HP and torque though. 5.3L V8 289HP 325ftlbs. It goes pretty good. In 04 they changed the HP rating to 325HP on hte same motor. (mines a 03) Not sure why, it really doesn't need it. It's a good truck.

LOL didn't think they would be that close and I had a similar 02 Yukon non XL to your burban, with the same 5.3 in it. Though with me driving I was getting closer to 11 miles to the gallon with it. Loved that truck. :D
100_1719.JPG

Ever driven a newer jag, bentley or rolls royce?
Jag and Bentley yes Rolls no. A have a family member who has a 2013 Xj Jag which I love to drive, but is still doesn't ride like the Lincoln. A friend of mine had a 2002 Bentley Arnage which I have driven a hand full of times, usually when I was the DD and he had a few too many.

Jag and Bentley yes Rolls no. A have a family member who has a 2013 Xj Jag which I love to drive, but is still doesn't ride like the Lincoln. A friend of mine had a 2002 Bentley Arnage which I have driven a hand full of times, usually when I was the DD and he had a few too many.
Was the Xj an higher performance model? Jags can get petty stiff ride wise with the sporty models.
I have a jag and it rides more like a porsche as its a Cosworth model.

Last edited:
Eagle you're going to want to insulate around the VRM blocks too. Condensation will form averywhere the water cools, so GPU's too if they're in the loop.

Here are some pics of my cold water/ DICE insulation for a reference. Closed cell foam(mouse pad) / Sham-wow / foam / sham-wow.

DSCN3105.jpg

20141229_141154.jpg

20150410_172507.jpg

20150410_113445.jpg

20150410_172507.jpg

20150410_113445.jpg

Attachments

• benching.jpeg
    benching.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 60
Eagle you're going to want to insulate around the VRM blocks too. Condensation will form averywhere the water cools, so GPU's too if they're in the loop.

Here are some pics of my cold water/ DICE insulation for a reference. Closed cell foam(mouse pad) / Sham-wow / foam / sham-wow.

I'm sorry Blay for taking your Boints. I had that x2 265 from AMD's RMA and I just had to bench it :) There wasn't that many Boint's for the 265 tho :(

If you can snag and keep a FX-8320 there are still some good Boint's for it. I have received THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM AMD, the FX-8320 is EOL and you will get a FX-8350 as a replacement. I have went through 3 of them in the past 4 months :(

No worries MM. At least the points are still on the team. I guess that'll just give me a reason to knock the dust off of it and see what I can do with it cold. :p

No worries MM. At least the points are still on the team. I guess that'll just give me a reason to knock the dust off of it and see what I can do with it cold. :p

SSHHHHHH :p

I got a 775 & a QX6850 that I'm trying to get water cooled right now, with this nice cold :)

I'm going to sneak up on Woomack and get his Boints from the QX6850 :rofl:

More pics. More. More. We just want more. Hehehe.
RGone...

I'm trying.
give me a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 174892

View attachment 174894

View attachment 174901

View attachment 174902

View attachment 174901

View attachment 174902

I used liquid electric tape and kneaded eraser around the vrm/nb block.
no neoprene.

and I have a fitting keeps acting up so of course started with a leak.
think I got it sealed now.

both blocks contact surface 18 degrees celicus reading now.

going to try clean up and regroup.

- - - Updated - - -

0212161337.jpg

speaking of the nb/vrm, this time I managed to remove the studs installed in the nb/vrm backplates and make use of them.

Last edited:
accumulating too many usb cords or peripherals so pickup one of these leaves me with thought of this can be utilized as one keyboard and mouse on several pcs.
like 12$ total.

0212161620.jpg

also got a nice new 6' display port to hdmi port video cable for the crossblade ranger.
although my tv still only has options for 60hz.

installing windows on the crosshair V formula Z.

0212161621.jpg

did some quick cleanup/chores/eating.

system displays water temp @ 15 C
stock default settings to install windows.

So what's in there, just plain 'ol water Eagle?

So you are using the ice chest like a large reservoir but for ice cold water correct?
Me likey :thup:

Back