• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So what's in there, just plain 'ol water Eagle?

So you are using the ice chest like a large reservoir but for ice cold water correct?
Me likey :thup:

yes silver.
one cooler has about 1/4 antifreeze mixture the other cooler has 99.999% water.

just took an outdoor temp reading -25C
check the water temp 14C in the reservoir.

going over OS Drivers, still on default clocks 4.4ghz 1333 ddr3.
good and bite to it just as is I might say.

What orientation are you rads hanging. You may get better results if you can hang then in such a way that they are flat so that natural convection will flow air up through the rad.

Fans would be your best though.

SSHHHHHH :p

I got a 775 & a QX6850 that I'm trying to get water cooled right now, with this nice cold :)

I'm going to sneak up on Woomack and get his Boints from the QX6850 :rofl:

Wanna race? I just got one the other day that isn't tested yet.

at this point I have the strange feeling I'm heating the great outdoors without the cpu temperature any different at all.
only the apartment temperature is going down.
lol.

Just out of curiosity unsafesteagle, why no fannage? You'd probably have temps within 2-3c of the outside ambient temps if you did and if you're at -25 outdoors you'd have that 9370 chuggin hard. I'd bet you would be closer to 6.0 Ghz then 5.0.

I have added some airflow. as part of the system is on water and the fluid is just above the freezing point need not go further.
adding airflow in the motherboard area makes me suspect back to cooling the apartment only. lol.

I can almost finish running firestrike again at these settings but system hang/freeze close to the end of the benchmark.
tried a few different voltages and llc settings.

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

dropping the memory to around 2200 or 2100 MHz allows me to score like this around 5.47ghz and 266 FSB
2400 MHz ht and nb.

2016-02-13 (1).png

still similar technique, no go above 5.5ghz.
no processes ended on windows for the displayed score.

good thing flowing water does not like to freeze.
water temp right around freezing point.

did not attempt a high ghz validation yet.
I may today still go dig out the old radiator and see if I can get some actual amount of antifreeze to go colder with additional airflow.

still making runs.
actually freezes very quickly on the physics test.

Screen shot of the memory spd tab please. I see you slowed them down in the post above but in the previous post running them at 2300 Mhz with really loose timings. You'd probably be better off running them at a lower divider with tighter timings.

Well if you're goal is pushing past 5.5 first start with dropping the memory divider. How did you get from 1.56 V to 1.64v? Reason I ask about how you got to 1.64 v is because sometimes the little boy in all of us think, well if it wont bench at 5.5 with 1.56 v then I'll just hammer it with voltage. Every chip I've taken cold, at some point even if I'm running DICE will not take any more voltage unless it's colder. So if you're water temps are at 0c it may not be enough for the chip to handle that much voltage without crashing in some way. Maybe try giving it a little more voltage at a time and see what it can take.

If I'm at a point where I feel the chip should be able to do more but more voltage isn't helping, I'll usually drop the multiplier to a point where you know it will run the bench and then try and see if I can run it with the voltage it was previously crashing at. If it still crashes then you know it's just not cold enough. Hope this makes sense.

Back