• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well it's single core performance is better than FX being a Phenom II.

I ran it stock in the server board it came in. Never overclocked it. Knoper got some 3.6ghz out of his.

Wanna race? I just got one the other day that isn't tested yet.

I would take you up on that, if I knew the board better :rofl:

I think I have one of those non-clockable chip or motherboard. The setup does not like posting over 4.0 GHz even with the AF running through the tubes @ -8c. The board posts @ 4.0 but after 10 minutes it crashes and reboots even when nothing is running :(
I got my 2 EVGA Geforce 9800GTX+ Friday :) I picked them up for $50, now I just need more volts to overclock them :) They may or may not be of standard specification.
GPU-Z says :
GPU - G92
Rev - A2
Tech - 55nm
Release Date - July 2008

I would take you up on that, if I knew the board better :rofl:

I think I have one of those non-clockable chip or motherboard. The setup does not like posting over 4.0 GHz even with the AF running through the tubes @ -8c. The board posts @ 4.0 but after 10 minutes it crashes and reboots even when nothing is running :(
I got my 2 EVGA Geforce 9800GTX+ Friday :) I picked them up for $50, now I just need more volts to overclock them :) They may or may not be of standard specification.
GPU-Z says :
GPU - G92
Rev - A2
Tech - 55nm
Release Date - July 2008

4ghz? It's gotta do better than that?

PSU good?

I'm using a Evga 1300w G2. I'm just working on overclocking the CPU/Motherboard right now. I'm using a Asus P5E (X38 chipset) that I got for $70. It defiantly looked like it was pulled from a working system, there was dust and crude on the board. When I took the heat pipes off for cleaning, one of the screws broke. It had been put in incorrectly and I couldn't get the broken piece out of the back plate. I had to replace all 4 screws with bolt & nut. This is the main hold down for the NB chip, should I tighten them down more????

Probably just finger tight would be enough. If that heat sink gets warm, you have enough pressure. I'm not super familiar with Intel, and I don't even know what cpu you are using. I''m guessing E or Q series processor. If memory serves, the die make and steppings mean a lot with those chips. You could just have a lemon cpu.

back running.
I must say from experience I musta made every mistake one can make.
lol.

not using the car radiator now.
showing better temps.

0215160043b.jpg 0215160043c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

after cleaning and reorganizing last night you would not have known tonight.
flushing the old car radiator with water, froze in 20 minutes. lol...
spilled some anti freeze on the floor due to drain plug open. lol...
:rofl:

somehow the 2 x 120 got a significant leak needed butchery attention.

I think I have 12 hours or so before predicted warm up to rainy weather.
lol

I'm using a Evga 1300w G2. I'm just working on overclocking the CPU/Motherboard right now. I'm using a Asus P5E (X38 chipset) that I got for $70. It defiantly looked like it was pulled from a working system, there was dust and crude on the board. When I took the heat pipes off for cleaning, one of the screws broke. It had been put in incorrectly and I couldn't get the broken piece out of the back plate. I had to replace all 4 screws with bolt & nut. This is the main hold down for the NB chip, should I tighten them down more????

How are you clocking it? Multi only or FSB. You can always start a thread or have a read through the Intel CPU OC thread

I'd say, nice clocks Eagle. You're making that thing squeal for sure.

Probably just finger tight would be enough. If that heat sink gets warm, you have enough pressure. I'm not super familiar with Intel, and I don't even know what cpu you are using. I''m guessing E or Q series processor. If memory serves, the die make and steppings mean a lot with those chips. You could just have a lemon cpu.

@ S_B I have a QX6850 - 3.0GHz - 1333 FSB - 65nm - G0 stepping

How are you clocking it? Multi only or FSB. You can always start a thread or have a read through the Intel CPU OC thread

I have tried overclocking with the Multi only, FSB only, and both together. I think I'm going to go with S_B and tighten down the NB heat sink more.

NB shouldn't be too much trouble till the FSB speed gets well over 400. You might need some more volts to it. Quads are tough to run on those chipsets in general with a high FSB all the mem info pases through there. Keep the memory down as well till you find your limit. Try different FSB/NB strap for the memory as well sometimes some of them just won't work at certain speeds.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/768943-775-FSB-mem-straps

Hey guys. It has been a long time since I posted here. You guys helped me a while back OC a 965 and then an 8350. I just recently started putting the 8350 to good use. crunching for SETI. Anyone have a good place to get info on setting up to get the most out of my system on there? Also I kind of need the basics on it since it is all new to me. I am flying blind right now. I just started it 5 days ago and made it into the top 25%. I am running at 4.6ghz on the 8350 and it has been going non stop for over 5 days now. Never misses a beat. I love that chip :)

Hey guys. It has been a long time since I posted here. You guys helped me a while back OC a 965 and then an 8350. I just recently started putting the 8350 to good use. crunching for SETI. Anyone have a good place to get info on setting up to get the most out of my system on there? Also I kind of need the basics on it since it is all new to me. I am flying blind right now. I just started it 5 days ago and made it into the top 25%. I am running at 4.6ghz on the 8350 and it has been going non stop for over 5 days now. Never misses a beat. I love that chip :)
Welcome back poco, probably the best place for seti answers is on the seti team page.

Planning in advance my next upgrade: The CPU.
Stuck on what to get. (I don't see a use for 8 cores. 6 is plenty right now btw.)

Buy a better FX 6xxx and hope for a higher overclock.
Buy an FX 8xxx and hope for a higher overclock.
Or buy a Phenom X6. 1090t or something and hope for a good overclock.

I'm leaning towards the PH x6 actually...

@saturn
Oooooh i love it!!
Shame I never had a DFI.
Speaking of DFI, is RGone ever going to rejoin us???

Back