• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well have fun with it bassnut, it won't be long before you're bored with it. Probably won't go much higher without more cooling and you'll find the BCLK kind of limited in that you can't vary too far away from whatever strap you happen to be using.

Well it is something to play with. Right now @4.7 my temps are peeking around 60*c and running 56-57*c normally that's with 1.32v - 20 min with XTU. I was working with my old os install from my old build. Wanted to get a fresh install of windows before really digging in. Which I am hoping I didn't dork now...... lol

Air duct looks interesting.
too funny about the wife.

I was having trouble with hardware monitor under window tech preview not reporting installed hardware.
I am uncertain about cpu-z.

:thup:

Today, it's 4.5 Ghz or bust.
I'm gonna make this 3570K scream.

Or at least try to :rofl:

Here's what I'm at right now.
4.4.PNG

The real joy living oout I the sticks is our internet ....... I have satalite high speed ..... sometimes we get 5MBS ...... sometimes ...... 1MBS ...... today we are in between it's gonna be a while. :popcorn:

The real joy living oout I the sticks is our internet ....... I have satalite high speed ..... sometimes we get 5MBS ...... sometimes ...... 1MBS ...... today we are in between it's gonna be a while. :popcorn:

Looks like I'm getting the full 5 Mbps today.

That's funny because speedtest.net didn't even load. :screwy:
I bid you good luck with Windows...

It's taking 1.4 Vcore to get 4.4 Ghz 100% WHEA free.
Temps are 92C hottest core.

This chip is a dog :(

I got a pretty good 4770K from ATMINSIDE 4.7 @ 1.32v @ 60*C but I dumped a bit of coin into cooling. I think there might be a bit more ....... how hard it will be to get it's hard to say if there is any to get. The MAXIMUS VII GENE ...... I thought the CHVz had allot of buttons to play with, you can probably add another 25% to that. Downloading the new video driver ........ gonna take 4 hours ..... :popcorn;

Today, it's 4.5 Ghz or bust.
I'm gonna make this 3570K scream.

Or at least try to :rofl:
Give er hell Silver! Though 4.4 isn't bad at all.

Lucky you ..... Im re installing windows ....... oh the joys :bang head :mad: :popcorn:
If it makes you feel better bassnut, I dorked my OS and Gpu BIOS yesterday though I have 50/50 internet and my benching drives are all SSD's so loading a new Os takes no time.

I did manage some good runs though before dorking everything up.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2769189_
http://hwbot.org/submission/2769191_

Looking Good Many ...... I did a run this am before starting my windows install ..... not sure yet but it looks like there might be some advantage to running a higher strap ...... either that or the tighter timings in my new ram made that big a difference. Wasn't far off my best score and still had the old video drivers in which really hurts the GTX 970 from what I seen earlier.

Hey wow ...... someone kicked my internet in the A** and woke it up ....... this might not take as long now.

Nice sub's manny!

I'm getting into the groove now.
Think I'm on to something.

Changed the VRM frequency to 350Khz, and dropped the Vcore to 1.36...
Hottest core so far is 86C and no WHEA errors!

If this keeps up, I might hit 4.5 and still have some room to go.
Maybe it's not a bad chip after all. Just needs more tweakes to click at 4.5 :cool:

Hey hey, good to hear the internwebz woke up bassnut!
Get back to bench'n sooner!

Well, It seem no amount of voltage will get this chip stable at 4.5 Ghz with realistic temps anyways. :p
Not even a lower multi and higher BCLK can do it.
So 4.5Ghz+ is reserved for a quick bench or two, stable enough for that at least. :)

I'm moving on to BCLK OCing. So far up to 105 Mhz.
Memory need a bump to 1.75 to be stable.

I have the same problem with my 4770k SP on air or water 4.4 is my limit for stable daily Oc's, due to temps. Some of these Haswells just run hot!

I have the same problem with my 4770k SP on air or water 4.4 is my limit for stable daily Oc's, due to temps. Some of these Haswells just run hot!

Yeah. :(
Read some interesting info on them. Higher heat can equal lower OC's due to leakage.

New issue now; instead of those lovely WHEA errors, P95 keep dropping workers..
It's taking about 1.4 Vcore to prevent that now :confused:

All I did was drop the multi and up the BCLK.
Fussy chip! Wonder how it would do de-lidded....

Well I had a rough day benching the 580. It didn't turn out well and I'm pretty sure it's broked.
I did get somewhere with the 8350 bu I was rushed almost out of juice so I had to make the best of it.

sei8pi.png
r11 11.82.JPG
r15 1002.JPG

Yeah. :(
Read some interesting info on them. Higher heat can equal lower OC's due to leakage.

New issue now; instead of those lovely WHEA errors, P95 keep dropping workers..
It's taking about 1.4 Vcore to prevent that now :confused:

All I did was drop the multi and up the BCLK.
Fussy chip! Wonder how it would do de-lidded....
usually high leakage chips are considered good for sub ambient cooling SP

Well I had a rough day benching the 580. It didn't turn out well and I'm pretty sure it's broked.
I did get somewhere with the 8350 bu I was rushed almost out of juice so I had to make the best of it
Sweet runs Johan what's up with the 580? What happened with Cine 15? I'm surprised you had to turn the clocks down so much lower. Usually it needs them to be a bit lower but not that much?! Still sweet though and I like the 7g it looks pretty.

usually high leakage chips are considered good for sub ambient cooling SP

Sweet runs Johan what's up with the 580? What happened with Cine 15? I'm surprised you had to turn the clocks down so much lower. Usually it needs them to be a bit lower but not that much?! Still sweet though and I like the 7g it looks pretty.

Nice clocks Johan! Nicely done.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's a current thing Manny. R15 is a lot tougher and always locks up onme. I didn't have the CPU set to 140% in BIOS but when I switched I gained anoth 300 MHz. I have seen some runs well over 7G. I wonder if there's a special bios out there for the CHV-z or maybe I just need to try a different one???

Back