• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its been in the mid to upper teens here the last 2 days. also storm started about an hour ago here as well......
still not much total accumulation on the ground, probably 2 feet or so with a layer of crust in the middle....

southern maine reports more total on the ground as of yearly accumulation.....

of course melts quicker coastal and southern parts of the state......

I trust everyone is well......
keep up the great work......

Simply, want a 5ghz cpu, the FX-9590 is now in a really decent price range as I've purchased a second one after killing the first HAHA.

I saw your thread/posts over on CP Forum that you purchased a new chip from TD. Have you tested it yet? Any comments compared to the first sample? Also... Does the second sample have similar P-States... (up to ~1.525v)?

Batch#?

So when is one considered to have lost their minds? My ducting to get the 0 F air to my Gpu for benching.
ducting1.jpg

ducting.jpg

That's awesome Manny. Not sure if that classifies as nuts or desperate but it did make me chuckle.

well I'll tell you this the wife woke up tis mornin and saw me working on it and was like WTF is that. Thien she said don't tell me I don't want to know. hehehe

Great googlie mooglies...

...Lost one's mind? Hehehe. Have to have one before can be lost. MIS-placed? Well that just might be. Most of us work hard at keeping the cold at bay in the winter, but others seem to give it a pathway right into the house. Nuts but I am guessing worth it. Should be titled: Mad Scientist at Work. Rokkon "manny".

RGone...

well I'll tell you this the wife woke up tis mornin and saw me working on it and was like WTF is that. Thien she said don't tell me I don't want to know. hehehe

I'm surprised she even asks any more. As long as it's not a grow op ha ha

Well you can rest assured when a text comes in out of the wild blue yonder, suggesting that a trusted bud might have lost his mind. Well you get the picture. Hehehe.

RGone...

LMAO. That's awesome until laundry day and the dryer is pumping all the air into the laundry room instead of outside.

I had to ask the wife to give me a hand filling my loop yesterday. Here's how the conversation went:

Wife: Why are you using Anti-freeze instead of distilled water? (Two thoughts appeared simutaniously 1. She actually does listen when I ramble late at night. 2. The cat is soon to be out of the bag.)

Me: Oh, so it doesn't freeze.

Wife: Hmm, well the house gets cold, but not that cold.

Me: Ya, but it's freezing outside. Going to be -20(F) this weekend with the windchill.

Wife: :confused: (Then she saw the length of tubing I have and the screen missing from the window. :rolleyes:

ROTFLMFAO........

I have been lucky as Tina has never said boo about my hobby, kind you she does not really know how much I spend on it though. I have always dealt with the cold of winter well however she does not, I think if I built something like that we'll that might actually get a response from her as to my sanity.

On a different note. Gave been playing with my 4770k and while it was relatively easy to get to 4.7 GHZ @ 1.32v with my 2400 tridents at speed anything above has put the breaks on it fast. One kit works best my old tridents with a 1500 serial number some new ones I have not so much but can make them work as well. Now my AMD ram and the old Corsair 1600 7 7 7 10 sticks the chip absolutely hates. Only the old tridents will run anything other then the 100mhz strap and then only the 125mhz strap.

So bought some new Corsair Vengece 1866 cl9 ram which the chip seems to love..... booted right up and into the 166mhz strap at 4.66 but when I tried to run CPUZ it just hangs at around 75% and eventually through a not responding error. Now while testing the other ram I did have a couple crashes and a NVIDEA dll error which I have fixed. Are these possibly related? Or is this a separate issue. I have u installed and re installed as well tried the stand alone version of CPUZ, same deal. Possible OS corruption or is this an issue with CPUZ? The previous version was not reporting voltages right and HWMONITOR even after updating to latest still doesnt. Intel XTU has no issues reading the system setting and such. Haven't had time to try anything else.

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar.

LMAO. That's awesome until laundry day and the dryer is pumping all the air into the laundry room instead of outside.

I had to ask the wife to give me a hand filling my loop yesterday. Here's how the conversation went:

Wife: Why are you using Anti-freeze instead of distilled water? (Two thoughts appeared simutaniously 1. She actually does listen when I ramble late at night. 2. The cat is soon to be out of the bag.)

Me: Oh, so it doesn't freeze.

Wife: Hmm, well the house gets cold, but not that cold.

Me: Ya, but it's freezing outside. Going to be -20(F) this weekend with the windchill.

Wife: :confused: (Then she saw the length of tubing I have and the screen missing from the window. :rolleyes:

im crazy.jpg

@bassnut. I have noticed that some ram kits just didn't behave on that platform that's for certain. As for stopping at 4.7, just like the FX once you hit a certain point the volts go crazy. My 4770 4.5 1.32, 4.8 1.55v for XTU. Mannys was a little better behaved that way just super hot.

Last edited:
@bassnut. I have noticed that some ram kits just didn't behave on that platform that's for certain. As for stopping at 4.7, just like the FX once you hit a certain point the volts go crazy. My 4770 4.5 1.32, 4.8 1.55v for XTU. Mannys was a little better behaved that way just super hot.
You can say that again, benching that little heater now at 5.0 @ 1.55v and need -8c water just to be able to bench it there!

Oh hey Ya..... not worried about the volts. more just how CPUZ is behaving as it is. Was wondering why it is freezing hoping I didn't corrupt my os or has this to do with my strap settings. I'll play more tonight and have some idea via good but thought I would try here first...... been a slow morning g at work.

Have fun with it Blaylock. It'll spoil you for anything less. Ha ha

Bassnut is Cpu-Z doing it at stock clocks? If so it may be the Os is borked?!?!

Ya that happened this am and I didn't think of that till I didn't have time to check...... first on my list tonight. I'm just trying different things to see how they all work. 4.7ghz was so easy I thought I was still at stock till I looked at CPUZ. To check. Probably at that magical spot where things get harder. Will have allot of time to play this weekend. I really want to see how the BLCK factors in the mix....... my new project so to speak.

Back