• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's up to you man but I would suggest a universal block for it so you can upgrade and re-use it.

It takes some getting used to. I went to liquid cooling then down to VGA blocks. They could organize things a bit better but...
When you use a universal block you'll need cooling for Vram and VRM so plan on that as well.

Rayray, I saw the post about wanting a Fx 8xxx, just remember they kick out a good amount of heat compared to the Fx 63xx. An example, see my Fx sig, I have a Fx 6300 I picked up recently and popped it in that rig. This way I could bench the 8350 on my benching loop. I've playing with it a while and was getting it stable 2 hours prime. So far I'm at 4.6 2 1.475 which seems a bit high to me but it is what it is for now. My point, on the Fx rig @ 1.475 Cpu V and 1.35 Cpu Nb V <---which is what I need to run the 8350 @ 1866-2k mhz on the ram, so I left it there. My cpu temps were 43c max and 44c on the package. My 8350 gets to 51 max on the cpu and 46 on the package at 1.46875 Cpu V and 1.35 Cpu Nb V. So at +.00625 more voltage the 6300 is 8c and 2c cooler respectively.

Rayray, I saw the post about wanting a Fx 8xxx, just remember they kick out a good amount of heat compared to the Fx 63xx. An example, see my Fx sig, I have a Fx 6300 I picked up recently and popped it in that rig. This way I could bench the 8350 on my benching loop. I've playing with it a while and was getting it stable 2 hours prime. So far I'm at 4.6 2 1.475 which seems a bit high to me but it is what it is for now. My point, on the Fx rig @ 1.475 Cpu V and 1.35 Cpu Nb V <---which is what I need to run the 8350 @ 1866-2k mhz on the ram, so I left it there. My cpu temps were 43c max and 44c on the package. My 8350 gets to 51 max on the cpu and 46 on the package at 1.46875 Cpu V and 1.35 Cpu Nb V. So at +.00625 more voltage the 6300 is 8c and 2c cooler respectively.

Yea I knew they ran a little hotter for the most part. That is really why I have been holding off till I get a custom loop up and running. Not to mention I would like a better mobo to go along with it.

Yea I knew they ran a little hotter for the most part. That is really why I have been holding off till I get a custom loop up and running. Not to mention I would like a better mobo to go along with it.
You don't necessarily need a new mobo if your just looking to push. The 970 UD3p seems to be quality enough to push a Fx chip as far as it will go on ambient cooling. If you're planning on going sub ambient then maybe?!?

You don't necessarily need a new mobo if your just looking to push. The 970 UD3p seems to be quality enough to push a Fx chip as far as it will go on ambient cooling. If you're planning on going sub ambient then maybe?!?

lol mayyyyybe. I've been doing more research on it but that will be down the road for sub ambient.

It's a hoot I tell ya but more work that you'd expect. Keeping that pot full over 8 hot cores is a chore in itself. Let alone finding time to tweak things and Bathroom breaks are even a pain in the arse.

Yea it seems that way. I'm in the process of making me a test bench with aluminum and plexiglass so it wont be such a hassle dealing with a case

Recently I got me a new TIM called Tuniq Tx4 and compared to the as5 that was on my GPU and CPU it lowered my max temps by about 4c, thats part of the reasoning behind me trying to get higher clocks last night.

AS% is still good but there is better stuff out there. I ran out of my Phobya stuff and picked upGelid GC Extreme they're both about the same and decent stuff for the price.
The bench is really handy Ray it makes things so much easier.

AS% is still good but there is better stuff out there. I ran out of my Phobya stuff and picked upGelid GC Extreme they're both about the same and decent stuff for the price.
The bench is really handy Ray it makes things so much easier.

Yea there is a shop here in town that let me borrow theirs when I was playing with my sempy and I liked it alot.

Yea there is a shop here in town that let me borrow theirs when I was playing with my sempy and I liked it alot.
Speaking of sempy's I just picked up a 145 on Ebay for $10.21 total with shipping :D Is it bad that I'm starting to lose track of what chips I have. :p

Looks like you had a piggie 8 core before and it over-ate and died. Now you have gone to the stables and bought a quarter horse? Hehehe. You never want to put a horse away WET. Hehehe. I am cracking my ownself up.

U never know what you will see when U buy a lesser 8 core but I believe you outdid yourself this time. A good roll of the silicon dice.
RGone...ster.

I picked up an 8320 yesterday since it hasn't been benched by anyone here yet and it was cheap. All I can say so far is wow. This is a pretty sweet chip I must say. I ran IBTAVX and then P95 for 45 minutes @ 5.0 the volts went between 1.41 and 1.428 mind you I am putting 1.275 to the CPU_NB http://valid.x86.fr/deurmg

View attachment 155460

View attachment 155461

Picked up a sempron 140 from a shop down the road for $3 and up to 3.9 and I realize I can't do the rookie rumbles anymore :-( lol

Back