• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Picked up a sempron 140 from a shop down the road for $3 and up to 3.9 and I realize I can't do the rookie rumbles anymore :-( lol

been there not to long ago. I signed up for hwbot before I was ready to get serious about benching. I also expected "rookie" meant first year bencher. Guess not.

Lol I was highly dissapointed. With the gear I have the AMD rookie rumbles are the only ones I can actually do any good in.

That looks good man. I have been wanting to do that to all my cables but just haven't taken on the task yet. Was it a pain?

That looks good man. I have been wanting to do that to all my cables but just haven't taken on the task yet. Was it a pain?
It was, because i didn`t have smaller heatshrink, but with some glue and a lot of swearing it was done. Only did one pci-e cable since i`m using the rig on a daily basis.
Once i get all the heatshrink and sleeving sizes figured out, i`ll pop open the PSU and do all the cables individually.

Also, it`s very usefull to have the correct tools to remove the connectors
118.jpg

Yea I bet. I've been trying to decide if I want to do the entire cable or just make a could extensions for mine. I've got all kinds of room for cable management with my case.

Yea I could see that. Hopefully soon I can put the order in for all my stuff. I've got it all in the cart just gotta place the order. Lol

Looks good Tung :thup: Makes it look so much neater. Has a hard night in Kincardine even playing on thr PC isn't making me feel any better. I bumped up the RAM and NB then ran a quick CB11.5 @ almost 5.4 The voltage on this thing kills me.

r11 @ 5392 1.45v.JPG

Ray it's not hard per se it just takes time and patience.

Lol patience I don't have a lot of.

Looks good Tung :thup: Makes it look so much neater. Has a hard night in Kincardine even playing on thr PC isn't making me feel any better. I bumped up the RAM and NB then ran a quick CB11.5 @ almost 5.4 The voltage on this thing kills me.

View attachment 155523

Looks like some pretty good numbers

The molex cable. One thing i can say, i`ll need atleast 200-300$ worth of material just to learn, and also better quality shrink and black sleeving, the one i have is too thin and i cannot taper the ends....
WP_20141026_23_29_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20141026_23_29_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20141026_23_29_21_Pro.jpg

You took the easy route Tung, try doing each wire individually for the entire Psu, now that fun. :D

1.45 Cpu V at 5.4 Ghz holy carp, that chip is a far cry from the lil piggy.
Not sure how it's going to behave with higher voltages. I made a quick attempt at 5.5 and the volts were climbing pretty high and still no go. I just wasn't in the mood for it yesterday either so I shut'er down.

Back