• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need helpoverclocking my fx4100 no guide links please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had my 4170 in my m5a97 r2.0 it's 4+2 power phase i think and 4.5 was it and it was a true mess, 4.3 or so is all fx is good for on these, I'll try to see if i started a thread.

all i could find was the 5.0 thread.

to tell the truth I run all that "greenie" stuff right up till i hit around 5.0 with the fx cpu's, you might try it with all the stuff back on.

Last edited:
I'd stop at 4.2ghz. I wouldn't try any higher. To be honest If you were at 4ghz stable I'd just keep it there and deal with it. But you just won't hit 4.5 on that board. Throw all the voltage at it you want. Won't help. I had a x3 720 on a budget Asus board that just refused to oc at all. Period. Couldn't even change the multi without the voltage. Was just a horrible board Lol. Never had anything stable other than stock on that board.

well m stable at 4.3ghz at auto llc which gives more or less stable vcore on prime95 blendn at 1.45000 vcore.. i donot think the board will take more than this. m getting load temps at 55-56c and idel at 44-46 without ac and 38-40 with ac

m thinking of putting a 80mm fan right above the mosfets as well.. please advise on that

Also if you have a cutout behind the CPU in the mobo tray is a good place to put a fan.

all the air you can get into that area the better.
the fan on the back side of the motherboard should be a lower flow exaust fan or all you are doing is fooling the socket sensor.

Back