• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need helpoverclocking my fx4100 no guide links please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IBT isn't as CPU intensive as a P95 blend run.

We use P95 to check stability for a reason.
IBT is WORSE than P95.. temps get almost 10C hotter there, at least on every CPU I have tested it with. I dont think it should be used with an AMD CPU? No clue.

P95 is my choice or AIDA64 as it tests more instruction sets than P95 supposedly. :thup:

IBT is WORSE than P95.. temps get almost 10C hotter there, at least on every CPU I have tested it with. I dont think it should be used with an AMD CPU? No clue.

P95 is my choice or AIDA64 as it tests more instruction sets than P95 supposedly. :thup:

Let me restate that, its not as hard on AMD :p

It does see higher temps, but I deleted it pretty quick since it gives a false sense of stability.

wPrime 1024M can test stability, as long as you set it to run on all your cores.

But I would still run P95.

P95 = tried and tested , I'm not a fan of the 24hr prime stable tests but 2hrs P95 stable is solid enough for me. Hell I would probably settle for half an hour.

@op if you are pushing less than 1.4v under load you have plenty more vcore to play with as long as temps stay in check.

How IBT laid out for me.
1. Trying to keep from adding or using more Vcore than just necessary to push my newer FX-8350 into the plus 4.8Ghz range; I had issues getting P95 Blend to not fail in some manner.

2. I could run 50 loops of IBT using 3/4s my memory and do so without a problem.

3. I found that in bios I had to set about 0.06 more Vcore and that might show as a nearly a full tenth in HWMonitor and being reluctant to hit the more Vcore button I spent awhile not getting P95 Blend stable.

4. When I finally added enough Vcore P95 Blend went into full stable mode.

5. So for me on FX cpus; all IBT does is tell me I am close and low on Vcore. Which is what many have found as well.
RGone...

i am at 1.456 vcore and m still getting one of my cores to fail... in blend test should m currently at 4.30 ghz and the worker number 3 keeps failing... error-illegal sumout

what should i do.. i dont think its the vcore anymore

i m getting full vcore when m not testeing on hw monitor and it drops to 1.302 when under stress??? wtf is that about

That's called Vdroop. All motherboards do it, some more than others. Looks like yours does it a lot, due to a weaker VRM section.

so why do my cores keep failing?? in blend test even after pusing 1.456 vcore

Do you have an option in your bios called LLC? if so try the different levels it has to offer, and see how your vcore reacts under load at each different level, and then decide which one suits your needs the best, i try to find a level thats keeps my vcore at or around the exact level i set in bios, under load. Also dissable all your power saving options like CoolnQuiet and C1E.

i do have llc and i set it to 100%.. i also disabled cool n quiet but i do not have c1e.. i did have c6 and i disabled it as well

That's good have you checked now to see what your V_core does under load?

A quick Google search showed that board is notorious for Vdroop.

You're just not going to be able to push that high of an OC with a 3+1 VRM Phase motherboard.

A quick Google search showed that board is notorious for Vdroop.

You're just not going to be able to push that high of an OC with a 3+1 VRM Phase motherboard.

That's a bummer. An under powered board takes away from the FX experience. They're actually really fun chips.

That's a bummer. An under powered board takes away from the FX experience. They're actually really fun chips.

Yeah, the Overclock.net database of AMD VRMs listed it as 3+1 and not recommended for overclocking. Also, the CPU at stock is pushing the TDP of the board.

Ya the vendors really have to stop putting FX support on boards that obviously aren't built for them. 125W support my a**

Back