• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD on startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n1co

Registered
Hi guys, I turned my computer on this morning and out of the blue I get a bsod, and it won't let me boot to desktop. It just gives me the option to safe mode, start windows normally etc. I have tried starting windows normally but it blue screens again. I can however get into safe mode, I have checked in device manager to see in they're any warnings for drivers but no. I did however update my graphics and audio drivers as they weren't current. I tried removing each ram stick at a time and then booting, still the same I've pulled the gpu from the motherboard and re-connected it.

I haven't installed any new hardware recently , only software recently installed was yesterday which was iExplorer but I uninstalled that in safe mode today to see if that was the problem but no... I get the error " windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"
Capture1_zps3ec12cdc.png

Any help is appreciated thanks

I think I have found the problem, I uninstalled Avast antivirus restarted and it booted fine. I will install it again and let you know of my findings.
Thanks for your help

I'd check your memory with "memtest x86", And then check your hard disk for errors and bad sectors... Installing avast may have only been a temporary workaround while memory continues to fail...

Looks like Windows crashed with STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

That's classic RAM instability.

Back