• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD breakfast yay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

Some may recall suspected woes with my main system which, on that occasion at least, seemed to have a separate cause.

Today it escalated. I woke to find the Windows boot recovery screen showing on the system. Let it restart, got to the desktop. Ok, maybe a random one off. Did some usual morning things and BSOD. That's not good. I managed to catch "IRQ_NOT_LESS_EQUAL" or similar which I usually only see when overclocking. Not good. Again let it reboot. Same BSOD not long after reaching desktop.

Ok, next boot I went in bios. XMP was already off from previous tinkering. I decide to turn off HT and Turbo. Booted and seems ok so far. Ran Prime95 for a few minutes, likewise the memory test in aida64. This is not comprehensive, just a quick check for anything seriously unstable.

Guess I'll re-introduce turbo and continue on stability testing. Not what I expected to be doing 1st thing today. Will hold back a little before I reach for the credit card and look at a new system again :D

On a whim I reset the bios, and manually entered the required customisations for the system to work as before, like ReBAR and PCIe storage. I didn't turn on PTT this time but still have TPM, but that's more an observation than a suspect.

Since then I've done some more normal daily stuff and it is like nothing weird happened at all. HT and turbo is back on. Everything works like normal for the moment. I'm going out later so will look to put a load on just before and see what happens.

I suppose it is not unexpected for systems to have unexplained wobbles now and then. Maybe sufficient resets got it out of that bad state. I'm tempted to take the system apart for a dusting as it hasn't had one in a few months. Temps aren't a problem, but see it as preventative. CPU doesn't go above 70C under any load. Ram below 45C. VRM below 60C.

its ok i had BSOD dinner last night my self.
The e sports team where i work is just getting going and doesn't have everything down to a science and last night it kept BSODing when ever they tried to launch their game.
no amount of updating and setting changing fixed anything it just eventually stopped BSODing.

theirs was Page Fault in Non Paged Area though...
i find this one less than helpful to diag a problem because it literally could be anything and nothing really fixed it it just stopped doing it

its ok i had BSOD dinner last night my self.
The e sports team where i work is just getting going and doesn't have everything down to a science and last night it kept BSODing when ever they tried to launch their game.
no amount of updating and setting changing fixed anything it just eventually stopped BSODing.

theirs was Page Fault in Non Paged Area though...
i find this one less than helpful to diag a problem because it literally could be anything and nothing really fixed it it just stopped doing it
Curious, what org do you support @Niku-Sama ?

Back