• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one in a million...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

So,

For the second time in a year, same issue occured to me, first time with a z77 Asrock, and now with an Asus z68.

And a singular one!

My bios got corrupted, and I can't either get the multi over 35, change ram freq above 1333 and iGPU is not recognised anymore!!!

I am lucky my BCLK goes up to 108MHz, so I still have some OC... 4000MHz on all cores with turbo.

Heck, I believe only a very few users had this problem, and it happens to me twice.

Maybe tonight I play the national lottery...

Got to order a new Bios chips.

So,

For the second time in a year, same issue occured to me, first time with a z77 Asrock, and now with an Asus z68.

And a singular one!

My bios got corrupted, and I can't either get the multi over 35, change ram freq above 1333 and iGPU is not recognised anymore!!!

I am lucky my BCLK goes up to 108MHz, so I still have some OC... 4000MHz on all cores with turbo.

Heck, I believe only a very few users had this problem, and it happens to me twice.

Maybe tonight I play the national lottery...

Got to order a new Bios chips.

Wow such horrible luck! I would play the lottery, I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening...

Were you updating your bios, when this happened?

Nope, tried rolled back, update to latest version. No positive outcome. But I was almost sure it would be the case as one of my rigs from last years shown exactly the same symptoms.

Thankfully, bios chips are relatively inexpensive. You may want to order a second as back up.

Because I can't change the multi past 35 (see first post).

What is your system plugged into? Wall outlet, surge protector, or UPS?

With two corrupted BIOSes, I start to wonder about incoming power quality.

Gonna take a wild stab at this....

Un-install AI-suite II and see if that helps any for you.

What is your system plugged into? Wall outlet, surge protector, or UPS?

With two corrupted BIOSes, I start to wonder about incoming power quality.

None of those.

But it happened in two different appartments, in two different countries.

Yes, it's RMAeable, but that would take a couple f weeks, without a rig. Whereas it will take only a couple of days to get the new chip. And meanwhile, the pc is still running.

I read the multi was stuck. Ya first post.
fingers crossed a new bios chip helps..... GL

Sorry, wall outlet. I missed it...

I am pretty sure it is a user (me) mishandling anyway, as I am not always cautious with my stuff.

But I saw in my crystal ball that the chip swap will fix it!

None of those.

But it happened in two different appartments, in two different countries.

Yes, it's RMAeable, but that would take a couple f weeks, without a rig. Whereas it will take only a couple of days to get the new chip. And meanwhile, the pc is still running.

This is why i have 2 rigs :D

That said, sad story, i'd order a new bios chip.

^Chip ordered.

The "not too sad" thing is that the PC runs fine... but @4GHZ only!

Good thing is that max temp on load is 48ºC with 1.1v!:bday:

Back