• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: February Heaven DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With tessellation disabled, it should. Never ran heaven with multiple cards that I recall so not too sure on scaling.

I'm hoping the cpu jump to 4.9ghz will help get 4k single card. But with how little the cpu affects most single cards... Not sure that will happen. This single one is a dud overclocker i think...the core craps out around 1130... :(

Ajay57 / GTX 780 TI /AIR / SLI /6061.779.

Many thanks SB for the Tip works a treat helped to squeeze some more for a better Score!!
Snap 2014-02-08 at 14.01.40.jpg

Respectfully,

AJ.

With tessellation disabled, it should. Never ran heaven with multiple cards that I recall so not too sure on scaling.

I'm hoping the cpu jump to 4.9ghz will help get 4k single card. But with how little the cpu affects most single cards... Not sure that will happen. This single one is a dud overclocker i think...the core craps out around 1130... :(

Oh you're not losing faith already??? I'm so out gunned this month all I can do is sit back and watch the big boys battle it out for fist. I will have to see what I can get from 2x580's but I know it'll be nowhere near what you and Ajay are pulling off. I might get close to 3000 though.

Oh you're not losing faith already??? I'm so out gunned this month all I can do is sit back and watch the big boys battle it out for fist. I will have to see what I can get from 2x580's but I know it'll be nowhere near what you and Ajay are pulling off. I might get close to 3000 though.

You? Unless I can hybrid crossfire/sli my 450 gts/ 5850/580 and 670 together the score you see will be the best I have. Oh and even if the above we're possible I still don't think I would score enough to win. :)

Earthdog / GTX 780 / AIR / Single /4040.006

~50 point jump on 800Mhz CPU bump, LOL! :rofl:

(Will make this formal later...doing my chores and walking by the PC to bench, LOL!)

heaven4040.jpg

Last edited:
You? Unless I can hybrid crossfire/sli my 450 gts/ 5850/580 and 670 together the score you see will be the best I have. Oh and even if the above we're possible I still don't think I would score enough to win. :)

Ya we're in the bleachers this time Manny. I've read about a software manipulation that'll allow you to run different cards together but not different brands and I still think they need to be the same family.
~50 point jump on 800Mhz CPU bump, LOL! :rofl:

(Will make this formal later...doing my chores and walking by the PC to bench, LOL!)

View attachment 139144

Nice bump E_D, but at least you're with the program. You know happy wife ......

I've read about a software manipulation that'll allow you to run different cards together but not different brands and I still think they need to be the same family.
You know of any software that can turn the 5850 into a R9 290x X2 ? :)

I'm going to do a little messing around with my different cards and post them for fun. I was messing with my 7600gt last night, I need to learn how to volt mod it!

Side note... saw something about disabling HT for a better score...and at least for my setup, I lost 40 points! So anyone that may have tried that trick may want to try with it enabled.

I can see this working on the AMD chips due to their shared architecture though. I will try it out on my 780 and 4930K later and see if it affects the Hex.

Already tried that but it still was delivered to ED. :p
Now that's funny :rofl:
Side note... saw something about disabling HT for a better score...and at least for my setup, I lost 40 points! So anyone that may have tried that trick may want to try with it enabled.

I can see this working on the AMD chips due to their shared architecture though. I will try it out on my 780 and 4930K later and see if it affects the Hex.

Problem with the FX is you can only shut down the whole module not half, at least on any of the boards I've tried.

Ajay57 / GTX 780 TI / AIR / SINGLE / 3777.818.

Just turned off HT gave me a boost in my score here with my 4960X!!

Snap 2014-02-08 at 15.07.37.jpg

Regards,

AJ.

Problem with the FX is you can only shut down the whole module not half, at least on any of the boards I've tried.
Ahh... maybe not then.

Looks to vary by chip I guess, seeing Ajay's results. Worth a try both ways! :thup:

Yeah it was Shrimpbrine that gave me the tip in my thread, but did try it in Firestrike extreme score went down, but for this Bench ED it went up!!

AJ.

Might have something to do with 8 vs 12 threads. 6 might just be enough.

Might have something to do with 8 vs 12 threads. 6 might just be enough.
Great point!

Running now on my 780/4930K... will edit the scores in a min...

Without HT, Vantage, 11, 06 (depends) and FS will go down due to their CPU physics tests using all threads.

EDIT: Got a 50 point bump on the Hex w/o HT. Tiny bump like overclocking, but we are looking for the best we can get!

I know I can push harder but I just dropped $744+tax on this thing. :shock:

I'm glad I made the jump because it seems to beat out two 7970's in Xfire... ^ No offense ;)

No offence taken! My saving grace is that my 7970 has locked voltage :( and I bought my 280x before prices soared for a measly $328.00 . I'm in it for about what it cost you to get your 780ti BUT! I am greatly enjoying Mantle for BF4.

I'll tweak a bit today and see what I come up with.

The other 290 landed... :)

Earthdog / R9 290 / AIR / CFx /6303.844

I have some catching up to do with these 290s at the bot though (Metal!!!!). :thup:

cfx6303ss.jpg

EDIT: My suggestion on multiple runs with incremental improvements are to post SS in the thread but only post your highest in the form on the first page. That could keep clutter down in the form? Or can we edit our entry?

Last edited:
Back