• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IX November: PCMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I know I typically get some groans when this one comes up but it's still a classic and fun to tweak.
We're also going to use a background from Rezasam1 he does some awesome work. https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/699891-Overclockers-Wallpapers
I'll leave this one up to you but pick something with Overclockers in it.

What: PCMark 05
Who: any forum member
CPU: any CPU
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends: November 30, 12 Midnight EST
Background: Use supplied background
Download :PCMark 05 Rules
Full Competition Rules: Here
I would also like this format used at the top of your post please UserName/CPU/Cooling/ Score

PCMark 05 KEY : PCM05-K78Z-4NJ9-NECB-TR45-8MJR

AMD

Johan45/ Ryzen 2700X / AIO/ 41610
bassnut / PII 965 / Stock / 13932

INTEL

Mikecdm / 9900K / Single Stage / 89,020
mllrkllr88 / 7980XE / Big Water / 66541
Dejo/ 6770HQ/ Stock Air/ 22095

Last edited:
when I attempt to run- I get an error that says sse extensions are required. I have an AMD 4800h for cpu. Is there a trick setting that needs to be set

when I attempt to run- I get an error that says sse extensions are required. I have an AMD 4800h for cpu. Is there a trick setting that needs to be set

Strange! SSE, if talking about SSE1 from PIII, existed at least since Thoroughbred, back in the Athlon XP times!

SSE2, was since Pentium 4. That was included since Athlon 64.

current Ryzen need some magic to run xp. sadly

it appears that the code that is offered on the OP is for 3dmark05 rather than pcmark05. The Pcmark05 code is PCM05-K78Z-4NJ9-NECB-TR45-8MJR

I'm not even CLOSE to running this on W10. Even with compatibility mode, it locks my PC up pretty hard like Uber drive usage. But Task manager gets so bogged down, I can't even tell what's happening who what where when or why!! So I removed PCMark05 from my PC lol.

W7 I know I can get it running (It's been a looong time though....). Anything past that, good luck.

PCMark05 won't run on newer Ryzen because of the SSE error. 2000 series or lower will work.
Since we have so little participation we won't be enforcing the XP start up score. You guys have a whole month to make an attempt at this and I'm sure many have a spare HDD around for Win7

Johan45/ Ryzen 2700X / AIO/ 41610

41610.JPG

OK so I got it to run on my laptop but got a score of 0 ..... is this the SSE error you have been talking about.

If there's an SSE issue it will tell you as soon as you open the benchmark. Check the result details and see which test failed. All the tests have to run or you'll get zero

Media encoder 9 is installed but had no effect though it seams that the test I am failing is encoding.

PCMark_error.png

PCMark_error2.png

PCMark_error3.png

What is the graphics on that laptop

I'm not 100% but I think AMD DX9 support might be the issue

OMG I just saw this and I am really bummed I missed the first one of this series...

I wish I had more time, cause this used to be my benchmark!
Please share your wisdom as I know nothing of this bench. It was going out of fashion right around the time I was starting to play seriously.

OMG I just saw this and I am really bummed I missed the first one of this series...

Please share your wisdom as I know nothing of this bench. It was going out of fashion right around the time I was starting to play seriously.

This benchmark is tweakable beyond your imagination. In our lounge, we have a whole recipe still good for HW points IIRC

Back