• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI November: PCMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I know there are some that don't really like this benchmark but I do. I thought it would be fitting for some of our newer members since it has to be the most "tweakable" benchmarks that I know of. It'll be good practice and is still worth some points at HWBot. The downlaod page I am linking also has the free benchmark codes from 3D/PCmark, use them.
For those that have never run this benchmark before, pay close attention to the submission rules. I will disallow submissions that don't follow this XP Startup must be kept below 220 MB/s

What: PCMark 05
Who: any forum member
CPU: any CPU
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends: November 30th, 12 Midnight EST
Background: Use supplied background
Download : PCMark 05 Rules
Full Competition Rules: Here
I would also like this format used at the top of your post please UserName/CPU/Cooling/ Score

BACKGROUND
This wallpaper was taken from HERE These are custom works from rezasam1 one of OCF's members and there are a ton of them in this thread

AMD

Johan45/ R7 1700x/ H2O/ 33420
Johan45/ R7 1700x/H2O/ 29437
LRG5 /Ryzen7 1700x/ H2O / 16598

INTEL

Johan45/ 7700k/ AIO/ 39523
jiccman1965/7350K/LN2/36417
dejo/ I7 6770hq/ Stock air/ 20496
(G{in}[AK)TION]/3770k/AIR/17379

Last edited:
You have to tranfer a random file to the HDD to slow the transfer speed down during the XP test. Takes a bit of messing around to get timing and file size right closer you are to 220 the better your score

Last edited:
i hate this one so much, I'll dredge up my trusty, rusty sempron 3200+ machine..............

You have to tranfer a random file to the HDD to slow the transfer speed down during the XP test. Takes a bit of messing around to get timing and file size right closer you are to 220 the better your score

Why do I get a feeling I'm gonna hate this one? Not just the above, but getting it to run some of the tests at all isn't proving easy on Win7. Do I need XP?

Ran it on my computer and found that the xp startup score is 12.552 MB/s.

I am guessing its because i have Intel SRT enabled or something...

does this pass?

Tried installed WME9, setting it as admin, reducing resolution and colour depth, setting the best quality option I think it mentioned somewhere. The early video tests (2-x) say fail to initialise or similar.

PCMark05 won't usually run if you have media player 11 on the machine. Roll it back to 10

Yeah on Windows 10, it wants me to roll back to media player 9, but after all that hassle, then it still won't complete all the tests.

I wouldn't even try Win10 B_B. This is an old benchmark and as you can read even on Win7 people have issues

OK this is for all you non believers. 1700X with a Fury
I installed Win7x64 SP1 with Xhci, USB3 and Nvme drivers slipped in. Then Win Media encoder and IE 9 after that it'll run every time............... well mostly

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back