• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI November: PCMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Dejo you forgot the .txt file

was just putting up a score. not gonna be competitive as it is only integrated graphics and a laptop chip

What's up guys? This benchmark scaring everyone away? It's not that hard to get it to run.

Johan45/ 7700k/ AIO/ 39523

39523 7700k.JPG

I think your right Jiccman. Really though a couple hours one night and you should be able to get a sub

If I could get it to run properly I'd consider that a win... just not making it up my motivational list right now.

Install Win7x64 then install the IE 9 from MS then the WME I linked a ways back and it'll run from that point all you have to do is tweak it and keep the XP startup under the limit.

just tried it again. This time i got 16649 pc marks.

Lol! This benchmark really s..ks!

No offense Johan...

Johan?!? Johan?!? Where are you hiding???

:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Install Win7x64 then install the IE 9 from MS then the WME I linked a ways back and it'll run from that point all you have to do is tweak it and keep the XP startup under the limit.

... and don't forget tor run tree times around the large oak tree behind the church, counter clockwise (otherwise it doesn't work).

Spell your name backward, twice.

And that will give you that extra 10K points!

:chair:

I'm never that far away Tír na nÓg.
I guess I'll have to stop adding PCMark05 to the roster for the Marathon if this is the response I'm going to get. :shrug:
Personally, I feel it's one of those benchmarks that IF you really want to you can tweak and twist it to the point that you're well above the average submission at HWBot. Maybe it's just me but it is one of my favorite benchmarks. It's not just hardware/cooling limited you know just set and forget. It takes a bit of interaction (work) on the operators part to really excel at this benchmark.:fight:

I guess I'll have to stop adding PCMark05 to the roster for the Marathon if this is the response I'm going to get. :shrug:
Personally, I feel it's one of those benchmarks that IF you really want to you can tweak and twist it to the point that you're well above the average submission at HWBot. Maybe it's just me but it is one of my favorite benchmarks. It's not just hardware/cooling limited you know just set and forget. It takes a bit of interaction (work) on the operators part to really excel at this benchmark.:fight:

Just joking man ;)

I get you for the tweaking. Even on the bot, it's a while I am not running after global points. Hardware points are much more fun IMHO, and not money dependent (I got most of my best HW points with old GPU's that I paid peanuts for).

But PCM05 can be kind of PITA to run, so let alone to tweak! ;)

At start, could not install the Media Player, finally succeeded thanks to your file. Then got some can of weird errors at launch, and finally, using the same settings, I got more than 20% difference.

I must admit that I run it on Win10, and that is my daily driver, so even if I kill most of them, there are still quite a few processes running in the background.

It's definitely not a Win 10 bench, way too old. I'm surprised you actually got it to work TBH. Still never beat my puny Ryzen LOL
Personally I find the hardest/most time consuming is getting a consistent XP score

Just joking man ;)

I get you for the tweaking. Even on the bot, it's a while I am not running after global points. Hardware points are much more fun IMHO, and not money dependent (I got most of my best HW points with old GPU's that I paid peanuts for).

But PCM05 can be kind of PITA to run, so let alone to tweak! ;)

At start, could not install the Media Player, finally succeeded thanks to your file. Then got some can of weird errors at launch, and finally, using the same settings, I got more than 20% difference.

I must admit that I run it on Win10, and that is my daily driver, so even if I kill most of them, there are still quite a few processes running in the background.

LRG5 /Ryzen7 1700x/ H2O / 16598

NovHDD.PNG

sorry had to RMA Taichi, This is a ASUS Rrime with HD. No SSD or NVME

Last edited:
At least you made it out LRG5 that HDD really kills ya

NVMe is nice but for the price you might be better off with a good size SSD

Back