• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing i5-3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyEyes

Just some general questions about overclocking...
Current rig:
asrock z77 pro3 motherboard
"maximum power" 750w psu
nvidia geforce 660ti
16gb ram
intel i5 3570k
hyper 212 evo cpu cooler
thermaltake chaser mk3 case w/ 4 120mm fans

1. currently in my rig is a 750w generic psu, will it cause stability issues and should I be worried about it failing and potentially damaging my components?

2. With my asrock z77 pro3 motherboard I used the predetermined oc setting for 4.2ghz, what are some good suggestions when it comes to voltages and should I not bother using the default oc settings?

3. What kind of OC have you guys got out of a 3570k using a fan cooled setup?

Thanks for the input, and before you reference me to stickys I just thought I would post before I go to bed, I will defiantly look through them tomorrow.

:welcome:

Here is the first sticky...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693613

You can run with your boards auto setting (4.2) if you want. You may find however that you can find a better overclock by doing it manually.

For 3570K/3770K (22nm chips) ... I like to run daily 24/7 type overclocks with vcore in the ~1.20v to ~1.25v range. I have one IB cpu running at ~1.21v (load) air cooled and another running at ~1.25v (load) water cooled.

CPU chips will often range up to ~300MHz/400MHz maybe even ~500Mhz difference between samples at a specific vcore setting. I'm currently running my 3570K at 45x with ~1.21v (load) using a Noctua NH-U12P cooler on an open bench.

Last edited:
1. No you a quality 500/550W would be fine in that setup. Your "generic" 750w should be fine, but if you wanted to SLI I would get another.

2. Check the sticky, linked in the post above.

3. I run daily 4.8ghz @ 1.26v on air. Truthfully I can 4.7ghz at 1.2v but that 100mhz needs some ummph in the voltage dept to be stable.

Back